Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch inspection for Walsall match

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't see any reason for another inspection if it's raining in the area, apart from Walsall needing that game to be on for the money.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Walsall haven't played for yonks and will see us as an easy 3 points. They will be desperate to get this game on.

The ref is the cocker in all this.

As someone previously said though, The pitch is obviously OK at the moment but probably as soft as fu k , He prob just wants to cover his arse and is hedging his bets to see what the rain does to it for the next hour or so.

Has he thought of the fans at any point in his decision - of course he hasn't

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
current weather in north Birmingham/walsall is light rain, heavy overcast, outlook for intermittent showers (some heavy)

where the ground hasn't fully defrosted water is not draining away

chances currently 50:50
if there is a heavy shower of any length before 11.30 I think the game will be off, otherwise expect a final inspection at 1.30/2.00 and even then.......

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
90 minute drive for me; looking at picture on albion website, the touchlines look dodgy and i guess ref wants to make sure ball rolls through the wet patches and doesn't get stuck; if this was local league saturday football we would play but we wouldn't need to adapt our style of play as the long ball game rarely troubles the grass

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hmm, I think I have an irrational hatred of Walsall FC, shame, because I used to work in Walsall and the people are nice. Should I embrace this hatred, or should I focus my irrational hatred elsewhere?

I have a rational hatred of Walsall FC and Walsall suburb and its denizens and it reached its peak on a torrential rainy first half and 0-0 draw at the Goldstone in the late seventies. The rain stopped for the second half.

Up until that moment they were our bogey team.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bogeymen

Hmm, I think I have an irrational hatred of Walsall FC, shame, because I used to work in Walsall and the people are nice. Should I embrace this hatred, or should I focus my irrational hatred elsewhere?

I have a rational hatred of Walsall FC and Walsall suburb and its denizens and it reached its peak on a torrential rainy first half and 0-0 draw at the Goldstone in the late seventies. The rain stopped for the second half.

Up until that moment they were our bogey team.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The ref is an absolute prick of the highest order. It's not going to change THAT much between now and 11.30, so just make a decision and save everyone having to travel for 3 hours each way if there isn't going to be a game. By 11.30 everyone from Brighton is going to be half way there or, if they're on the train, probably already there. What a wanker.

Why bother going anyway? You know EXACTLY what will happen before every game anyway, as you have already made your mind up. El-Abd will be shit, Elphick will be shit, Crofts will be shit and Kuipers will be phenomenol. Save yourself the trip.

I did my driving test in Walsall. It pissed down so heavily that, half way through the test, the examiner told me to pull into the side of the road and wait until the weather cleared up. When it came to the bit where you have to reverse around a corner, the visibility was so bad that he felt he ought to help me with little tips, such as "left hand down a bit more".

I passed.

Rain in Walsall is a GOOD OMEN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here