PIG wants a new contract

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Nope, enlighten me as to the last game he was outstanding or a game saver please rather than just a good keeper and obviously much better than our other two keepers.

I am not suggesting that we don't try our hardest to keep him by the way, I'd just like to see him recapture the form he had at Watford and the beginning of last season.
A good player makes his job look easy.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Time for him to recapture the form we signed him on in that case. Although he's been ok I struggle to remember the last time he had a blinder.

*expects a slating*

And you obviously know a big fat f u c k all

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Best keeper we've had by a mile. Need to get him signed for a long time, still got a lot of years in him.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Slowly becoming my very most favourite player EVER.

Bring him in , get to January and realise that no other clubs are taking this FFP bow locks seriously and get more players in that can compliment his brilliance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Need to get not just him, but Orlandi and Barnes too, signed up NOW.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It depends how much he wants and how much we and others are prepared to pay him. He gets consistent first team action with us and I doubt if he will get much more financially elsewhere so I am optimistic.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We've already established on a previous thread that Peter Grummitt is our greatest ever goalie.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Decent goalkeeper and want him to stay, however, I'm surprised at how bad he is with his feet given he played for man utd. The amount of times he kicks it out of play when passing to our fall backs is so frustrating. On that aspect, he could learn a thing from Ankergren.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is a great keeper so we need to get him to sign a three year extension, minimum

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sign him up.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
All keepers go though little dips in over all form. I personally think PIG has looked a little below par so far this season, but then we are not even half way through September. He would be very very hard to replace, we should do all we can to sign him up on a 3/4 year contract.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nope, enlighten me as to the last game he was outstanding or a game saver please rather than just a good keeper and obviously much better than our other two keepers.

I am not suggesting that we don't try our hardest to keep him by the way, I'd just like to see him recapture the form he had at Watford and the beginning of last season.

He can only have outstanding games or save games iif the defence in front of him is crap.

We haven't had one of those yet (Derby Co excepted).

For me, his handling, command of the area and saving are as sharp as ever. Sadly, so is his distribution, which at times is not particularly sharp at all. We have one of the largest pitches in the country, and he still conspires to miss it when playing the ball out.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
An outstanding keeper.Whether the implications of financial fair play will result in him staying i am not so sure.Burke has said already that wage costs and demands will come down because of it.A warning to all the out of contract players maybe ?.......anyway i hope we keep him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports