Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Piero Quispe

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
I don't think there's any truth in this.

I spoke to my mate who's a Universitario supporter and whilst he's a very talented player he's seen as very small and lightweight even by Peruvian standards. He suffered from malnutrition as a kid and still gets cramps towards the end of matches. 'Not for the premier league' I'm told...

I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to sign a Peruvian - I used to live there - but their football is such a low standard and I'd be surprised if it's a market we're very active in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think there's any truth in this.

I spoke to my mate who's a Universitario supporter and whilst he's a very talented player he's seen as very small and lightweight even by Peruvian standards. He suffered from malnutrition as a kid and still gets cramps towards the end of matches. 'Not for the premier league' I'm told...

I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to sign a Peruvian - I used to live there - but their football is such a low standard and I'd be surprised if it's a market we're very active in.
Ah yes. We’ve heard that sort of description before about young South American footballing talents…..

If a statue was to be erected to the soul of the Argentinian game, El Gráfico’s editor Borocotó wrote in 1928, it would depict “a pibe [urchin] with a dirty face, a mane of hair rebelling against the comb; with intelligent, roving, trickster and persuasive eyes and a sparkling gaze that seem to hint at a picaresque laugh that does not quite manage to form on his mouth, full of small teeth that might be worn down through eating yesterday’s bread.
“His trousers are a few roughly sewn patches; his vest with Argentinian stripes, with a very low neck and with many holes eaten out by the invisible mice of use … His knees covered with the scabs of wounds disinfected by fate; barefoot or with shoes whose holes in the toes suggest they have been made through too much shooting. His stance must be characteristic; it must seem as if he is dribbling with a rag ball.
” Guardian.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Ah yes. We’ve heard that sort of description before about young South American footballing talents…..

If a statue was to be erected to the soul of the Argentinian game, El Gráfico’s editor Borocotó wrote in 1928, it would depict “a pibe [urchin] with a dirty face, a mane of hair rebelling against the comb; with intelligent, roving, trickster and persuasive eyes and a sparkling gaze that seem to hint at a picaresque laugh that does not quite manage to form on his mouth, full of small teeth that might be worn down through eating yesterday’s bread.
“His trousers are a few roughly sewn patches; his vest with Argentinian stripes, with a very low neck and with many holes eaten out by the invisible mice of use … His knees covered with the scabs of wounds disinfected by fate; barefoot or with shoes whose holes in the toes suggest they have been made through too much shooting. His stance must be characteristic; it must seem as if he is dribbling with a rag ball.
” Guardian.
They said Messi was too small too I think... As I say, I hope I have to eat my words!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“It’s good that they made the comment about players who are obviously showing their talent. Especially from Peruvian football players and mainly from leagues like the English one,” said Ferrari.

“If a formal proposal or any communication has arrived? Nothing has arrived.”

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the coach is saying he could be sold, with his "none of us is essential" line...

"God will say if it's time for a proposal to arrive and you have to leave before. He is important, but we have to know that none of us is essential,"​

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But...but...I was told by some Chelsea fans on Reddit that how we're treating Caicedo will mean young players won't want to come here anymore....could it be that these Chelsea fans were speaking out of their collective crusty arsehole?
Surely Chelsea fans are the most knowledgeable in informed in the universe.
Or maybe just entitled tw*ts. (A not I)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here