Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pidgeons / Seagulls

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Any ideas of how I can stop these fuckers from shitting on my car daily? They seem to have taken residence in the tree above my drive mainly due to the fact that the council has chopped down most trees nearby:angry::angry:

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
shotgun.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sell the car

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

correct answer

they're both flying rats. Along with grey squirrels, crows, jays, and magpies your quite entitled to murder the fuckers on your own patch

I'm considering investing in a pest control unit myself, a car can be washed, but indigenous bird life is being savaged daily, and, amongst others, great tits need protecting :wink:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
correct answer

they're both flying rats. Along with grey squirrels, crows, jays, and magpies your quite entitled to murder the fuckers on your own patch

I'm considering investing in a pest control unit myself, a car can be washed, but indigenous bird life is being savaged daily, and, amongst others, great tits need protecting :wink:

The problem is that id probably take out half the house over the other side of the road. Needs are must though....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Zefarelly makes a very good point, pigeons are vermin...treat them as such. I have two who keep trying to nest in my garden, this year the blackbirds have stayed away for the first time since I moved here, I find that attacking them with a garden hoe dissuades them for a bit.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Zefarelly makes a very good point, pigeons are vermin...treat them as such. I have two who keep trying to nest in my garden, this year the blackbirds have stayed away for the first time since I moved here, I find that attacking them with a garden hoe dissuades them for a bit.

I was told to put 'fake' snakes on the car roof to scare them off..... Must actually give this a try.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
correct answer

Get one of these. Wash the car, and shoot the wild life at the same time.

cp20002guns.jpg

PS. I HIGHLY recomend ensuring either a: your missus is not about, or b: turning safe search ON before googling images of "super squirter" :blush: :lolol:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Hang CD's from the branches. Birds hate shiny things. Well, thats what they do over here anyway, seems to work.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was an article in the Argus online today about somebody "shooting dead seagulls". Why you would want to shoot dead seagulls is beyond me. Live ones, definitely.

I used to get in trouble with my previous workplace for keeping an 'unkempt hire car', but there was nothing I could do to stop the feral bastards standing on the top of it and shitting.

I reckon the best bet is to get a cheap cover for the car, but I would have looked even more of a prat than I already do 'tucking in' my Nissan Micra SPORT.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Leave the seagulls put of it. They don't roost in trees.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Talking of pigeons, I left my balcony door open when I went to work today because I didn't want to come back to a sauna. On my return I walked into my kitchen to find shit and feathers everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE!

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
your quite entitled to murder the fuckers on your own patch

I'm considering investing in a pest control unit myself, a car can be washed, but indigenous bird life is being savaged daily

*AHEM* you're not entitled to 'murder the fuckers' - herring gulls are a protected species, they are also an indigenous bird life that has been here a lot longer than you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here