Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] pick your team for millwall on friday night

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'm afraid you're right. Unless the manager has been removed by Friday, I defy anyone to predict the team he will pick. It's rumoured that he has a set of cards with the players' pictures on which he deals out about two hours before kick-off time, with the first eleven dealt being the starters! Apparently the reason Texeira started at Derby was because the card with Ince on had fallen onto the floor!

Best explanation I've heard so far. That midfield was always going to get overrun, out paced and out muscled. Any standard of football you need a strong spine and ours is sadly lacking.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yeah that's right, two up top and pump it forward. Now is not the time to abandon all attempts to play football!

The middle needs to regain and hang onto possession. Lets go back to basics and just keep the ball, then you worry about attacking.

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

Holla
Ince

JFC/Gardner

Bennett
March

Bent

This is what we need to do. Sort out the back seven (i.e. a back 4 with two holding). Then have 3 advanced mid fielders and Bent up top. Holloway will have Millwall set up (and wound up) for a battle after getting done 5-1 at home and they will overpower us if we don't match them physically. For that reason alone I'd play Gardner ahead of JFC - just because he's bigger.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
4-5-1

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Greer
Bennett

Ince ( Holding )
Holla ( Holding )
JFC
Bennett
March

Bent

Only the loan players that are totally indespensable should play.

Last edited:

el punal

ANY player, be it from the 1st team, Development squad, Youth team, Brighton Ladies, that is willing to fight and die and give their all. A bit of passion and commitment to show that they love and respect this wonderful club of ours.

After all, we, as fans, do it every week, every month, every year.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
JFC is the new Spanish Dave who was the new Ashley Barnes. He's become the scapegoat of our dismal season so far. I included him in my team because I'd rather him, a Brighton player, get a game than Gardner, a Villa player, when they both have performed equally poorly thus far. Other than those two who else can occupy a 3 man midfield? Kemy, who hasn't played since Leeds or Toko who has apparently been dire in the DS.

I'm quite happy with much of what you say in this and your last post. But I don't think JFC deserves to start, and hasn't done for a while. This doesn't mean he's become my scapegoat, which is perhaps best illustrated that I'd have him on the bench. I'd also dispute that he's received the level of abuse on here that was directed at Barnes and Spanish Dave. That's been fixated on Hyypia and, perhaps, Burke.
My team for Friday (and I have no idea what Hyypia will do):

---------------- Stockdale -----------------------
Bruno -- Greer/Hughes -- Dunk -- Bennett, J
------------ Ince ------- Holla -------------------
----------------- Gardner ------------------------
Bennett, E ----------------------------- Colunga
------------------ Bent ---------------------------

Subs: Walton, Calde, Hughes/Rea, JFC, March, McCourt, Baldock

with March to come on after an hour or so, probably for Elliott B, other subs dependent on how the game is going

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..................Stockdale..............
....................Dunk..................
.....................Ince................

March..Bennett..Harris..McCourt..Lualua
...........Baldock..Bent..Colunga

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Stockdale; Bruno, Greer/Hughes, Dunk, J Bennett; Ince, Holla; E Bennett, Colunga, March/Texeira; Bent

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cast iron certainty that the following players will be picked: Stockdale, Bruno, Dunk, JBennett, EBennett, Caskey, Gardner, Bent. That leaves three places to be decided between: Hughes/Greer; Ince/Holla; Teixera/Colunga/March.

8/11 certainties plus three random guesses.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
The important thing to remember as Sami did with the Fulham game is that when you select a team based on your system to beat the opposition and that when 15 minutes in you suffer an injury whilst still very much in the game, you replace that injury stricken player with a player of similar ilk so that the system can continue......Oh! Did I miss something....

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Assuming all are fully fit, imagine this team.

PIG
BRUNODUNKUPSONBRIDGE
BRIDCUTT
BUCKLEYLUA LUA
VICENTE :love:BARNES
ULLOA

This... with big f**king bells on

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Assuming all are fully fit, imagine this team.

PIG
BRUNODUNKUPSONBRIDGE
BRIDCUTT
BUCKLEYLUA LUA
VICENTE :love:BARNES
ULLOA

A whole heap of THIS!!

However, given only two of those actually play for us now, I'll go with:

GK: Stockdale

RB: Bruno
CB: Dunk
CB: Greer (if fit) / Hughes
LB: J. Bennett

DM: Ince
CM: Holla

AMC: Teixeira
AML: Lua Lua
AMR: E. Bennett

CF: Bent

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll lose anyway, so lets have some albion goals for Christmas

Stockdale

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
J Bennett

Holla

E Bennett
Tex
March

Bent
Colunga

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
This... with big f**king bells on

That team says it all. 5-6,000 extra (real people) through the gate buying beers/pies and staying late. More corporate types in the lounge areas. More replica kit sales (I could go on and on). FFP sorted but in a much more offensive (as opposed to defensive) approach.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That team says it all. 5-6,000 extra (real people) through the gate buying beers/pies and staying late. More corporate types in the lounge areas. More replica kit sales (I could go on and on). FFP sorted but in a much more offensive (as opposed to defensive) approach.

Except it wouldn't sort FFP. To finance that team we'd have to make a marginal £500k ish per match.

Having said that, I'd sacrifice a kidney to see Vicente have another run out.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Anyway it's not the players IMO, it's the tactics.

So....

Stockers
Bruuunooooo
Greer
Dunk
Bennett(J)

Ince
Holla

JFC

Bennett(E)
Solly

Bent

BUT.... let's suggest that we pass it around a lot, NOT hoof it up front, NOT ask Bruno and Ben(E) to run like crazy people up and down the wing.

Then I think we'd have a decent chance and not only winning on Friday, but making our way up the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here