[Albion] Phil Neville

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I seem to remember a chap called Mullery being appointed manager with no experience whatsoever ........

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not forgiven him for giving away that penalty against Romania and various other blunders playing for England

In fairness to Neville, as a Manchester United player he could not have expected that kicking an opponent in the penalty area would lead to a penalty. It certainly wouldn't at Old Trafford ...

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
When a friend showed me this link last night I laughed quite a lot, but admittedly I'd had a few glasses of wine. In the cold light I day, I would be more than happy to give young Phil a go, so it's a hungover thumbs up from me.

PS, no Gary.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Good then a real fan can have it

I find it very funny hw often people threaten that. I doubt they ever go through with it, and if they did, whoever the club appoints, then good riddence to them. You have to trust TB will do whatever he thinks best for he club and to throw your toys out of the pram by threatening to cancel your season ticket is pathetic.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
More idle speculation. I will say this though - The Neville brothers are winners and have that mentality. He is also very well connected. Working alongside an experienced coach, I would say he would be a good choice.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Article speaks of a shortlist so this only seems to be one possibility but why not? He's recently got his "A" Licence, he's worked under Ferguson and Moyes. Hopefully he was taking a few notes along the way. I would far rather he was appointed rather than some serial manager like Warnock or Redknapp.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I think many of us were expecting a left field option that nobody had considered previously as a runner. Neville certainly falls into that category.

He certainly ticks a few boxes. He would definitely be well connected for contacts. I'm not too concerned about his lack of managerial experience. Look at Freedman up the road when he took over for example. Our own Alan Mullery had only just retired weeks before when he took The Albion Job.

I'd take Neville anyday over most of the journeyman dinosaurs who are on the runners list.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not the exotic glamour model i was hoping for - he looks a bit gormless - but if he was the new chosen one then i'd give him a try and hope he insists on some excellent skillball. Could be worse.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Good appointment, he will do well. All the misplaced doommongering can shove it where the sun don't shine. I would welcome him with open arms.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If both the brothers signed up as a management team, then I guess I could see that happening.. Lots of contacts, experience under top managers, international knowledge. I'm warming to the idea. As has been mentioned already, far far preferable to Warnock / Harry / Coyle / A.N.Other journeyman

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hope not. I doubt he would be able to attract the signings to us like Gus has made too.

Would basically be getting rid of all the flair and attacking play and surrendering ourselves to be a mid-table Championship side.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Neville could be a good appointment but I'm more worried about who he would bring in as his number 2 and coaches (Eric Steele as goalkeeping coach would see Kuszczak handing in a transfer request by all accounts)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports