[Albion] Phil Foden and his mum involved in a punch-up

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
You’ve watered it down already. She didn’t just push him. She pushed him OVER ie violently enough for the guy to fall down off the wall and onto the floor. Enough people have died that way from head injuries, so it’s not insignificant. Therefore can understand why he got up and probably instinctively (and in self defence) punched her. She’s hardly some 8 stone waif like figure either. Just one of her tits looks like it weighs that alone.

Your posts in this thread are worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can't believe the amount of people defending the bloke for punching a woman in the face.

Not defending. Understanding. You need to be less myopic and dated perhaps, it’s not the 1970s any more. Many more young (and not so) women are extremely violent these days and think nothing of attacking men physically and without restraint believing as said some chivalry code exists that justifies resorting to violence and protects them for judgement. Not surprisingly therefore a lot of men now will think fair enough, have some back, I’m not just going to stand here and take it. It’s hardly a swing of a light handbag or slap across the face anymore when once might have been. But proper punches and kicks, bottles smashed etc. Police see this all the time. I can understand therefore. Especially if, just as Fodens Mum appears to be, you’re easily provoked and think it’s acceptable to physically attack someone because they called you or your son something.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not defending. Understanding. You need to be less myopic and dated perhaps, it’s not the 1970s any more. Many more young (and not so) women are extremely violent these days and think nothing of attacking men physically and without restraint believing as said some chivalry code exists that justifies resorting to violence and protects them for judgement. Not surprisingly therefore a lot of men now will think fair enough, have some back, I’m not just going to stand here and take it. It’s hardly a swing of a light handbag or slap across the face anymore when once might have been. But proper punches and kicks, bottles smashed etc. Police see this all the time. I can understand therefore. Especially if, just as Fodens Mum appears to be, you’re easily provoked and think it’s acceptable to physically attack someone because they called you or your son something.

But Foden's mum didn't attack anyone with a bottle, punch them or kick them. She pushed the bloke over, which yes is wrong, but for him to get up and punch her in the face is much more wrong. Obviously I'm not going to change your opinion on this and you're not going to change mine.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, she pushed him hard and he fell over, possibly even because he might have had a few. He didn't fall flat, it was almost like the way Paul Alcock fell over when pushed by Di Canio. However, are you really claiming that punch was in self defence? That's poor. My guess is that he did what he did because he felt humiliated by being pushed over by a woman. It certainly wasn't proportionate self defence.

I don’t think it was self defence but an instinctive you’ve hurt me / I’ll hurt you back. However, don’t they also say attack is the best form
of defence? What’s proportionate in that situation anyhow? It seem to quickly escalate to extremes all round. You’re always on a sticky wicket in my book for striking the first blow anyway. She’s guilty of that undeniably, could ended in tragedy of Mr Fire Extinguisher had caused someone a fatal brain injury which we really could have done

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What I find amazing is why the rich & famous don't employ a security guy to walk around with them on such nights. Yes it sounds wrong and shouldn't be required but that's not the world we live in and as has been said it looks like alcohol might have played a part. He might be loved by city fans but you know a certain number of united fans will hate him and will take any opportunity for this sort of mischief.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I don’t think it was self defence but an instinctive you’ve hurt me / I’ll hurt you back. However, don’t they also say attack is the best form
of defence? What’s proportionate in that situation anyhow? It seem to quickly escalate to extremes all round. You’re always on a sticky wicket in my book for striking the first blow anyway. She’s guilty of that undeniably, could ended in tragedy of Mr Fire Extinguisher had caused someone a fatal brain injury which we really could have done

Considering the fact that he picked himself up from the floor and appeared to be unhurt (apart from a severely bruised ego), do you think it proportionate to have punched her in the face?
Even though you think one of her tits weigh eight stones? :facepalm:

I seriously hope you're on a wind-up, here.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your posts in this thread are worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:drama::facepalm: Your over dramatic myopic interpretation is more like. If you can’t differentiate between understanding and defending then I wouldn’t debate if so we’re you. (Awaits hysterical puts words in mouth judgey nothing like example by reply)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
:drama::facepalm: Your over dramatic myopic interpretation is more like. If you can’t differentiate between understanding and defending then I wouldn’t debate if so we’re you. (Awaits hysterical puts words in mouth judgey nothing like example by reply)

I'd stop digging, if I were you. Not being 'judgey', just a suggestion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Considering the fact that he picked himself up from the floor and appeared to be unhurt (apart from a severely bruised ego), do you think it proportionate to have punched her in the face?
Even though you think one of her tits weigh eight stones? :facepalm:

I seriously hope you're on a wind-up, here.

Please, that was clearly a bit of daft humour albeit a dangerous one perhaps in woke era seemingly and with so many Knights of the Roundtable on NSC this afternoon defending a classless moron who didn’t need to attack someone who then retaliated against her. Sticks and stones (or fire extinguishers) and all that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd stop digging, if I were you. Not being 'judgey', just a suggestion.

Nobody’s digging, you’re just wrongly trying to pigeon hole and I’m having none of your nonsense that’s all. I accept however that perhaps you’re not able to differentiate and can’t move beyond the Red Top headline of Man Strikes Women (with tiny footnote at bottom of story about how she struck him first. But anyway…)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Please, that was clearly a bit of daft humour albeit a dangerous one perhaps in woke era seemingly and with so many Knights of the Roundtable on NSC this afternoon defending a classless moron who didn’t need to attack someone who then retaliated against her. Sticks and stones (or fire extinguishers) and all that.

Sadly, it comes across badly, when used in conjunction with several of your comments, that appear to justify the thug's action, under the banner of 'understanding'.
'Wokeness' doesn't enter the equation, frankly, and the fact you even mention it just adds weight to the worrisome nature of your words.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The first rule of Foden Fight Club is:*you do not talk about Foden Fight Club. The second rule of Foden Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Foden Fight Club! Third rule of Foden Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, hits you with a fire extinguisher, the fight is over. Fourth rule: don't invite your mum to a fight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rubbish.

Once you instigate violence, it’s your own fault if you can’t finish what you start. Yes, the old fella should have retreated after his baiting made the woman violent but he is clearly scum of the highest order, the Mum signed up to a battering as soon as she made the confrontation violent. Hit and be hit.

Glad I'm not your Mrs.. you obviously struggle with normal conventions.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
At the end of the day, Foden's mum shouldn't have pushed the guy over. But getting back up and punching her square in the face isn't a proportional claim to self defence in my books.

Now if the guy who was swinging the fire extinguisher around was punched, and perhaps even a few times, like that, it would have been proportional self defence.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What I find amazing is why the rich & famous don't employ a security guy to walk around with them on such nights. Yes it sounds wrong and shouldn't be required but that's not the world we live in and as has been said it looks like alcohol might have played a part. He might be loved by city fans but you know a certain number of united fans will hate him and will take any opportunity for this sort of mischief.

Especially when there doesn’t seem to be any security around when this fight was happening, I would also imagine there are a fair few pissed and coked up people that attend these boxing events.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The first rule of Foden Fight Club is:*you do not talk about Foden Fight Club. The second rule of Foden Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Foden Fight Club! Third rule of Foden Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, hits you with a fire extinguisher, the fight is over. Fourth rule: don't invite your mum to a fight.

Fifth rule: his mum shouldn’t dress like that in public :eek:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sadly, it comes across badly, when used in conjunction of several of your comments that appear to justify the thug's action, under the banner of 'understanding'.
'Wokeness' doesn't enter the equation, frankly, and the fact you even mention it just adds weight to worrisome nature of your words.

‘Worrying’, sake you are such a drama Queen. No actually, you’re being a bit of an unpleasant now because all your trying to do is engineer something that isn’t. Because Incan understand why someone fights back that’s all, regardless of genders involved these days. That’s not justification (again your choice of word, your misinterpretation albeit I think it’s now deliberate and malicious) The woke comment was because I could fore see you getting all excited/outrage about me using the word ‘tits’ too as part of your judgey time. See you’re enjoying it though, desperately seeking to pursue an agenda of your own creation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports