Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Earlier on I tweet Steve Parish the Youtube video of Paddy McCarthy fessing up.

And interestingly he's favourited my tweet.

Twitter Notification.png

Dec 3, 2012
I'd be just as revolted if it was any other club who quite brazenly accepted a sincere apology from BHA, and then stood by willingly and knowingly watching on while we suspended various staff, conducted an internal investigation, and had ongoing ridicule heaped on it by media and fans alike from across the country. BHA's name was dragged through the mud over this, and years later its STILL something I hear mentioned by other fans when that Playoff comes up in conversation.

I can say hand on heart its really not just because it was Palace, its nothing to do with our rivalry. It just offends on every level of common decency. I guess we just have to accept that because its a Palace-BHA thing though, and you ultimately came out on top on the day, its something that you can all still laugh about, despite the grubby and dishonest way your club conducted itself.

There's a determination to see the Brighton reputation remain whiter than white. It really seems to matter very very much. Im sorry to break it to you this way but there's no easy way to say it. Brighton don't matter to other fans same as Palace don't matter to other fans. It's just football. There I've said it. I'm sorry. When other fans mention it, just laugh. They'll think more of you.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I don't think that it is an established fact that the coach driver did the deed. It seems to be conjecture on the part of Paddy McCarthy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is all excellent.

The shame has been lifted from the albion, and now taints palace.

As it should be.

And :lolol: to the High Goonery from a section of this Palace Troll brigade, defending the indefensible.

Sides well and truely split :lolol:

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
This is all excellent.

The shame has been lifted from the albion, and now taints palace.

As it should be.

And :lolol: to the High Goonery from a section of this Palace Troll brigade, defending the indefensible.

Sides well and truely split :lolol:

Truely?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look. Nobody died, in fact no individual was even blamed as no culprit was found. I don't buy that it was stressfull for employees because it seems there was no guilty party in the club so why would you worry?

At very worst it a bit out of order if the Palace board categorically knew but no more than that. It's time to get some perspective surely and maybe see the funny side. It's a massive over reaction.

I think if you're honest this reaction has as much to do with the result on the night and a hatred of all things Palace than any logical resentment over perceived withheld info.

The last thing I want from this thread are Palace trolls to cause Albion fans to fight amongst themselves. But let's be clear about this. A bloke having a bad sh1t was the catalyst for a whole heap of doom coming down on this club. It MAY have helped Palace on the night, it definitely upset Gus and it was the lead feature in his email rant to all employees of the club which then started his split with the club and his dismissal for gross misconduct.

The repercussions of that night probably advanced Palace and regressed our club by 5 years apiece, and Poogate was central to it. So, remind me, you said something about A FUNNY SIDE?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The last thing I want from this thread are Palace trolls to cause Albion fans to fight amongst themselves. But let's be clear about this. A bloke having a bad sh1t was the catalyst for a whole heap of doom coming down on this club. It MAY have helped Palace on the night, it definitely upset Gus and it was the lead feature in his email rant to all employees of the club which then started his split with the club and his dismissal for gross misconduct.

The repercussions of that night probably advanced Palace and regressed our club by 5 years apiece, and Poogate was central to it. So, remind me, you said something about A FUNNY SIDE?

Horton hears a few is Palace.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015

So a tom tit in our dressing room had more to do with our victory/progression than Super Wilf smashing 2 past your lot?
I've heard it all now.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

It is funny for them because they prospered from it. When it was thought that the culprit was one of ours, they wallowed in righteous indignation, called us "scum", and told us that we got what we deserved for being so filthy as to leave shite in their dressing-room.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So a tom tit in our dressing room had more to do with our victory/progression than Super Wilf smashing 2 past your lot?
I've heard it all now.

Who said that? You are out there on your own for your ability to twist words, none on NSC can compete, I've been on this board since 1996 and I've not seen anything like it.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
It is funny for them because they prospered from it. When it was thought that the culprit was one of ours, they wallowed in righteous indignation, called us "scum", and told us that we got what we deserved for being so filthy as to leave shite in their dressing-room.

We prospered at our place in 2002 as well.
5-0 that day as I recall.
And no faecal matter to be seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here