Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dunno. I wasn't there. Were you?

Fact is, and you seem to like by-passing this FACT....we won.

I didn't have to be there did I. The YouTube link to McCarthys revelation has been on this thread several times.

Your complete inability to resist your own innate boastful smugness about the result of the game causes you to miss the entire point of this gargantuan thread by a country mile. Again.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
I didn't have to be there did I. The YouTube link to McCarthys revelation has been on this thread several times.

Your complete inability to resist your own innate boastful smugness about the result of the game causes you to miss the entire point of this gargantuan thread by a country mile. Again.

I like the word 'innate.' Always thought it was spelt with a single 'n' though. Shows what I know.
As for this thread being gargantuan....again a particular fave of mine, I reckon your lot have made it so.
Gives you something to cling on to.
In your time of desparation and that.

Dec 3, 2012
I keep seeing this odd counter-claim. So you're stating that Paddy McCarthy, your club captain, sat in front of 700 Palace fans at Speroni's bash and made it all up. He lied ?

He wasnt lying in my opinion. It seems very likely that his version is correct.

But does it really matter? as I've said. Nobody got the blame as no culprit was found. It's a bit naughty (if the clubs haven't spoken privately) but no big deal. Yes, some Palace fans were up in arms about it at the beginning but that was on the assumption that it was deliberate.

It does seem that some people have got their knickers in a twist just cos it's Palace and you always seem to get the shit end of the stick.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I like the word 'innate.' Always thought it was spelt with a single 'n' though. Shows what I know.
As for this thread being gargantuan....again a particular fave of mine, I reckon your lot have made it so.
Gives you something to cling on to.
In your time of desparation and that.

You have 71 posts on a thread about a man having a poo.....defending his poo

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I dunno. I wasn't there. Were you?

Fact is, and you seem to like by-passing this FACT....we won.

Of course you won ,what is the problem,I was there and no doubt everyone on this board know palace won why do we have to repeat the FACT ...I take it you knew palace won and the palace forum knew they won ,of course you wouldnt know about the palace forum as you dont go on there you just blight us with your FACTUAL drivel ,and why would anyone pass the FACT palace won, in FACT unless I am mistaken that is the first actual FACT you have posted on this thread .In FACT if there is a post aimed at you by someone ,it is the only FACT you keep repeating not an answer ....have I said FACT enough ..well have I whhhoooowww .Anyway thats a FACT .I Iike this game . I need to lay down .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow I don't think we should let this lie - it's clearly irritating the trolls - must be very embarrassed to keep arguing so aggressively...

At least some good songs will come of this next time we meet... U shit on the floooooor!!!

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
Of course you won ,what is the problem,I was there and no doubt everyone on this board know palace won why do we have to repeat the FACT ...I take it you knew palace won and the palace forum knew they won ,of course you wouldnt know about the palace forum as you dont go on there you just blight us with your FACTUAL drivel ,and why would anyone pass the FACT palace won, in FACT unless I am mistaken that is the first actual FACT you have posted on this thread .In FACT if there is a post aimed at you by someone ,it is the only FACT you keep repeating not an answer ....have I said FACT enough ..well have I whhhoooowww .Anyway thats a FACT .I Iike this game . I need to lay down .

And the only FACT on this thread is that we beat you that night.
And that's the only FACT that this thread has seen thus far.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He wasnt lying in my opinion. It seems very likely that his version is correct.

But does it really matter? as I've said. Nobody got the blame as no culprit was found. It's a bit naughty (if the clubs haven't spoken privately) but no big deal. Yes, some Palace fans were up in arms about it at the beginning but that was on the assumption that it was deliberate.

It does seem that some people have got their knickers in a twist just cos it's Palace and you always seem to get the shit end of the stick.

I'd be just as revolted if it was any other club who quite brazenly accepted a sincere apology from BHA, and then stood by willingly and knowingly watching on while we suspended various staff, conducted an internal investigation, and had ongoing ridicule heaped on it by media and fans alike from across the country. BHA's name was dragged through the mud over this, and years later its STILL something I hear mentioned by other fans when that Playoff comes up in conversation.

I can say hand on heart its really not just because it was Palace, its nothing to do with our rivalry. It just offends on every level of common decency. I guess we just have to accept that because its a Palace-BHA thing though, and you ultimately came out on top on the day, its something that you can all still laugh about, despite the grubby and dishonest way your club conducted itself.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Having had time to think about this it was wrong that Brighton were allowed to take the flak for it.
Personally, I would like to see Steve Parish come out and say 'Yeah look, few weeks after the event the kit man told us the truth about the situation. We should have come out and said something at the time but seeing as the rest of the world had moved on we decided to do the same. Everyone at the club not least the kit man and the coach driver would like to apologise to Brighton & Hove Albion, the fans and to Gus Poyet for the hurt and embarrassment caused by this.'

However, the Cantona jibes are equally moronic from one or two here and I would hope those people would show a higher level of class than we did with letting you take the shit. Apparently not though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Having had time to think about this it was wrong that Brighton were allowed to take the flak for it.
Personally, I would like to see Steve Parish come out and say 'Yeah look, few weeks after the event the kit man told us the truth about the situation. We should have come out and said something at the time but seeing as the rest of the world had moved on we decided to do the same. Everyone at the club not least the kit man and the coach driver would like to apologise to Brighton & Hove Albion, the fans and to Gus Poyet for the hurt and embarrassment caused by this.'

However, the Cantona jibes are equally moronic from one or two here and I would hope those people would show a higher level of class than we did with letting you take the shit. Apparently not though.

Don't worry , there will be Ooh Ah Cantona chants at The Amex on Sunday when the game is beamed around the world. :thumbsup:

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
Wow I don't think we should let this lie - it's clearly irritating the trolls - must be very embarrassed to keep arguing so aggressively...

At least some good songs will come of this next time we meet... U shit on the floooooor!!!

Been there, done that....so to speak.
When it mattered.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Don't worry , there will be Ooh Ah Cantona chants at The Amex on Sunday when the game is beamed around the world. :thumbsup:

Are you sure? Wouldn't that require the Amex to have any kind of atmosphere? Lovely you'll go to all the effort for little ol' Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here