Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Relations between the two clubs must now be at an all-time low, and I fear what will happen off the pitch the next time the clubs play each other.

Apparently, relations between the respective boards were cordial. I doubt that they are now.

Sadly the sh*t might now hit the fans, rather than the fan...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I said 1 player mentioned it.

Of course they all knew afterwards.

They did not know on the night of the game.

Your club chose to keep quiet whilst we had an enquiry into our security, and several employees were under suspicion. The outside world believed that a Brighton employee was the culprit, Gus has had to tolerate abuse recently from your fans, and yet your club still kept quiet.
I call that lies and deceit, which is not exactly a new concept to Palace.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once again, for the hard of thinking:

The driver was with the Palace kit man, presumably helping him unload the kit from the coach. He got caught short in the dressing room, shat everywhere, tried to clear it up but didn't make a very good job of it, so he just left it, and the door was locked. Coach driver - aware. Palace kit man - aware. Palace players soon after - aware. Palace club hierarchy soon after - aware.

Media shitstorm ensues. Much embarrassment and fallout heaped on BHA. BHA issue an immediate apology, launch an internal investigation, staff are suspended, and ANOTHER official apology is issued to Palace, which is accepted by Disney and Browett, et-al.

And all the time this was going off, they knew. The KNEW it was not an employee of BHA who was the culprit. THAT is why it is upsetting so many now. Utterly rancid, dispicable behaviour by your club.

Get it now ?

You've got more chance of Tony Blair holding his hand up and admitting he made a mistake than a Nigel saying their club should apologise as the correct and proper action :lolol:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Relations between the two clubs must now be at an all-time low, and I fear what will happen off the pitch the next time the clubs play each other.

Apparently, relations between the respective boards were cordial. I doubt that they are now.

I hope there is no issues between the fans, its not their fault. This is really between the two clubs at Board level to sort out, not the fans.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Once again, for the hard of thinking:

The driver was with the Palace kit man, presumably helping him unload the kit from the coach. He got caught short in the dressing room, shat everywhere, tried to clear it up but didn't make a very good job of it, so he just left it, and the door was locked. Coach driver - aware. Palace kit man - aware. Palace players soon after - aware. Palace club hierarchy soon after - aware.

Media shitstorm ensues. Much embarrassment and fallout heaped on BHA. BHA issue an immediate apology, launch an internal investigation, staff are suspended, and ANOTHER official apology is issued to Palace, which is accepted by Disney and Browett, et-al.

And all the time this was going off, they knew. The KNEW it was not an employee of BHA who was the culprit. THAT is why it is upsetting so many now. Utterly rancid, dispicable behaviour by your club.

Get it now ?

This.

It's not particularly hard to understand. It's something that goes beyond a football match or the rivlary in general - it is basic commom human decency; something which is clearly in short supply at Selhurst Park.

SDG

May 26, 2014
There you go. You have just admitted that the Palace camp knew the truth soon after the game, yet you cannot bring yourself to concede that your club acted despicably in not revealing the truth and thereby clearing Brighton & Hove Albion's name.
Yes, that is correct.

I, on behalf of the entire football club have just admitted... whereas alternatively, you could be reading a little bit to deep into my post.

Danny-Boy said:
Sadly the sh*t might now hit the fans, rather than the fan...

Will you be hiding in the now-closed Crescent again?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

If Palace don't apologise, I'd hope that TB tells Parish and co where to go next time they try to get into the Boardroom for a match between us at the Amex.

SDG

May 26, 2014
This.

It's not particularly hard to understand. It's something that goes beyond a football match or the rivlary in general - it is basic commom human decency; something which is clearly in short supply at Selhurst Park.
We do have lots of well-paid cleaners though, something evidently missing. Does Barber's salary and FFP affect that at the Amex?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What time did this all take place? Were Palace delayed outside the ground, therefore causing stress to the driver? Did he feel the urgent need to relieve himself rather than perform his duties (bit strange as not a Palace employee, just a driver)?

I can envisage a stressed-up bloke behind the wheel, desperately trying to deliver the players to the ground being delayed and generally mucked about, feeling caught short (we've all been there) and running into the away dressing-room toilets just too late. Then trying to clear the mess up before the team arrive.

I can also imagine a wily character like Ollie realising that is one way to power up and motivate his team, especially Zaha. So it's down to Ollie I think. Take it out on Millwall the next time, assuming he's still there.

All of which is completely beside the point.

The issue is that in the aftermath of this incident, your club knew exactly who the culprit was, but stood by while BHA endured the ridicule and embarrassment of fans and media, apologised to your club profusely, and suspended members of staff while this was investigated.

CPFC stood by and watched. Probably sniggering up their sleeves along with everyone else.

Weasels.

SDG

May 26, 2014

The issue is that in the aftermath of this incident, your club knew exactly who the culprit was, but stood by while BHA endured the ridicule and embarrassment of fans and media, apologised to your club profusely, and suspended members of staff while this was investigated.

CPFC stood by and watched. Probably sniggering up their sleeves along with everyone else.

Weasels.
Slander.

Our expensive lawyers will be in touch.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We do have lots of well-paid cleaners though, something evidently missing. Does Barber's salary and FFP affect that at the Amex?

This has been discussed at length on this thread.

The reason why the bathroom wouldn't have been cleaned before the Palace team arrived is that we observed the correct security procedures. Having Brighton employees with easy access to the dressing room after kit had been delivered would have no doubt caused issues of its own.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slander.

Our expensive lawyers will be in touch.

:rolleyes:

Unable to come up with an adequate defence or excuse any more, so lets go down the SLANDER route and just deny it all.

Palace. Classy as ever.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

When your kit has been delivered and set out, would you want cleaners roaming around picking things up?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Weasels.

Seems to be an admittance here that (a) the coach was deliberately held up and (b) the Albion management, realising that had caused the driver so much stress that he lost control of his bodily functions, apologised to Palace.

That's where it should have been left but the media got hold of the story and blew it up with allegations of slogans being put on the walls etc.

I will concede that at some stage after the play-offs were over Palace might have put out some sort of PR clarifying matters. But they didn't, probably Ollie vetoed it. And he then left the Club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems to be an admittance here that (a) the coach was deliberately held up and (b) the Albion management, realising that had caused the driver so much stress that he lost control of his bodily functions, apologised to Palace.

That's where it should have been left but the media got hold of the story and blew it up with allegations of slogans being put on the walls etc.

I will concede that at some stage after the play-offs were over Palace might have put out some sort of PR clarifying matters. But they didn't, probably Ollie vetoed it. And he then left the Club.

The video shown by Papa Lazarou shows that this happened 4 or 5 hours before the team arrived, so it wasn't the coach diverting to avoid traffic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here