[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
It does seem odd that the powers that be at BHAFC issued a statement apologising and accepting responsibility. Do you think they issued that to put the matter to bed or did they actually have a culprit identified? Either way - poor decision making.

A sorry state of affairs indeed.

I'm ashamed of my club if this is all true (it was the coach driver, Browett et al knew very soon after and said nothing). But equally anyone not red and blue/blue and white must find this all hilarious.
Hats off sir !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not read the whole thread as I expect it'll be the usual digs at each other about admin, burning down your town & pikeys from the Brighton fans & bitter, we won & lower league fodder comments from the Palace fans.

My opinion on this is as this has come from Paddy McCarthy's own mouth last night then I take it as the truth. Even if the coach driver attempted to clear it up and didn't manage to get rid of all it then he or the kit man should have said something to the Amex staff so they (kitman or driver) could have cleaned it up.

For our co-chairmen to know about it & let the rumours persist then I'm quite frankly appalled as this would have led to innocent employees being investigated Any investigation is stressful for staff and it's a shame that we apparently did not say something when the board found out and put a stop to all the media speculation.

This is not a good day for CPFC, I'm embarrassed by my club & a large section of our support who took joy in the way this reflected on your club.
Proves there are decent palace fans. Well there are two on this thread with more class than the others and more class than their club. Well said.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All this talk of an official apology from CPFC is ludicrous , Barber has already stated an investigation was carried out at the time,and no culprit was found.

According to this ESPN article, Brighton apologised TWICE to Palace at the time - once 'officially'.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208385.html

Now the truth is known, if Crystal Palace FC had ONE SHRED of decency they would apologise to us for letting us take the blame and allowing the reputation of our club to be dragged through the dirt, when they knew all along who the culprit was.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not read the whole thread as I expect it'll be the usual digs at each other about admin, burning down your town & pikeys from the Brighton fans & bitter, we won & lower league fodder comments from the Palace fans.

My opinion on this is as this has come from Paddy McCarthy's own mouth last night then I take it as the truth. Even if the coach driver attempted to clear it up and didn't manage to get rid of all it then he or the kit man should have said something to the Amex staff so they (kitman or driver) could have cleaned it up.

For our co-chairmen to know about it & let the rumours persist then I'm quite frankly appalled as this would have led to innocent employees being investigated Any investigation is stressful for staff and it's a shame that we apparently did not say something when the board found out and put a stop to all the media speculation.

Well said sir - it's good to know there are some decent Palace fans out there. I always had a lot of respect for Parrish (yeh, yeh, I know, I'm supposed to hate Palace, but I was supporting the Albion for years before Mullery and Venables got their handbags out and The S*n re-branded it as the rumble in the (urban) jungle) who seemed a real fan, passionate about his club, and let's face it, he's done you lot a lot of good. But if he doesn't come clean now, 'fess up and apologise, my respect for him will be a thing of the past.

This is not a good day for CPFC, I'm embarrassed by my club & a large section of our support who took joy in the way this reflected on your club.

Not surprised your lot took joy in it - quite understandable. "Brighton tried dirty tricks and it backfired on them" - yes, of course Palace fans would revel in that and rub it in. Don't blame them. However, once the facts were known (to Palace) it was inexcusable for Palace to keep quiet and allow Brighton's reputation to carry on being besmirched. I appreciate your decency, and your coming on here to state it; I hope your chairman can now show the same quality.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
You're making the mistake most yokels do - confusing us with the likes of Watford who many perceive to be a London club but aren't.
I have an SE25 postcode on my birth certificate ergo I was born in S.E London. My club also has an S.E.25 postcode.
Hope this helps.
Mate you admit to that ,wow!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd like the Albion to find out which poor - and almost certainly miserly paid - sod had to clean that filth up after those vile pigs. Imagine your worst day at work ever and it will have been better than that.

Then we should get that shower of chavvy, p1ss-smelling geeks up the road to collect some money to give to that cleaner to say sorry. It's about the very least that they can do. Bet they won't though.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Apologise ? It's finished get over it . We beat you fair and square on the pitch, job done !

Yes you did beat us on the pitch, off the pitch your club was a disgrace and should rightly apologise. Its clearly not finished, your players bringing it up again and also 33 pages are evidence of that.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

At last, someone from up the A23 gets it! Well said sir.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

That post is appreciated; real shame CPFC saw fit to allow our clubs reputation to be stuck in the gutter when they knew the facts.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
According to this ESPN article, Brighton apologised TWICE to Palace at the time - once 'officially'.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208385.html

Now the truth is known, if Crystal Palace FC had ONE SHRED of decency they would apologise to us for letting us take the blame and allowing the reputation of our club to be dragged through the dirt, when they knew all along who the culprit was.

A thought shared by Talksport as you can hear at 17,40 on catch up.
http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1421856000#

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not sure we did ANYTHING to distance the employee suspensions from this incident either. It would not have had any impact on the disciplinary process if we had confirmed that the suspensions of Poyet, Oatway and Tanno were not in any way related to the reported incident in the away changing room.

Instead we chose to let people come to their own conclusions, and if that harmed the reputations of those three, so be it.

Can't see that our handling of the situation was anything to be proud of tbh.

Eh? We did say it wasn't related to Gus / Tano / Charlie at the time. We ve acted with pure class over this - unlike them. Not a time to dig at the Albion over this subject I'm afraid mate...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well fair play to the 2 decent palace fans who've admitted its not been good from their club & acted with class...

The fact the other 8 in here have tried to defend the indefensible so OTT and aggressively - using every trick in the book from 'how do you know it's true' to 'it was 2 yrs ago' (despite crowing about the game still) just proves how embarrassing it must be for them. They're taking the embarrassment really badly aren't they. At least BHA come out of this with class... Pure class. Now where's that apology CPFC?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So the Palace Bus driver can't wipe his own arse and cant find the entrance to a stadium he visited a few hours earlier, I bet he was recruited with an ad in a matchday program.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Innocent employees being investigated and it being stressful ,as posted by raba ,are indeed good headers for this debate .Putting football aside and regardless of our opinions of each others clubs and the mileage which people have gleamed out of this sorry incident the fact remains that ordinary hard working people ,not football players or other highly paid employees ,were left upset and stressed and embarrassed by this repulsive episode .I dont think anyone would have blamed the driver for this if he and the other individuals had owned up straight away as I am sure he was mortified and obviously unwell ,but for employees to openly listen to incriminating stories knowing that an investigation was taking place against innocent hard working people and not say a word in the hope someone else takes the wrap is morally indefensible . If this had happened at a normal place of work I am sure there would have been severe repercussions for the individuals that hid the truth.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Innocent employees being investigated and it being stressful ,as posted by raba ,are indeed good headers for this debate .Putting football aside and regardless of our opinions of each others clubs and the mileage which people have gleamed out of this sorry incident the fact remains that ordinary hard working people ,not football players or other highly paid employees ,were left upset and stressed and embarrassed by this repulsive episode .I dont think anyone would have blamed the driver for this if he and the other individuals had owned up straight away as I am sure he was mortified and obviously unwell ,but for employees to openly listen to incriminating stories knowing that an investigation was taking place against innocent hard working people and not say a word in the hope someone else takes the wrap is morally indefensible . If this had happened at a normal place of work I am sure there would have been severe repercussions for the individuals that hid the truth.

Yep, this.

the zap

Jan 6, 2012

It wasn't the driver !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports