Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Exactly. You'd think it was important. Apparantly it will debated in Parliament tomorrow. Jesus. Nobody cares!!!

This is a matter of integrity. It is about how individuals and organisations in a free society, where relations must be based on trust, deal with each other.

If you were in business, would you deal commercially with anyone who behaves as Palace behave, or with people like your fans, who have no sense of responsibility or honour? Would you trust them any further than you could throw them?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But I'm not debating what certain people want. Thats fine. They can want that if they want. Can we put that aside.

Sorry but I've got to pin you down on this. As we speak, is Selhurst in South London in an official sense (not some "Croydon Folks" mindset).

Yes! FFS! But clearly the town and the people of Croydon have an identity crisis about how it sees itself to where it is officially. And serious enough to apply for its own city status 3 (yes, THREE) times in the past 15 years. Those are official bids, not a few crackpots with too much time on their hands.

And you keep making out that I don't want you to be part of London. I really don't care. It's the people in Croydon with the strong opinions.

Christ. Really hard work.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You're making the mistake most yokels do - confusing us with the likes of Watford who many perceive to be a London club but aren't.
I have an SE25 postcode on my birth certificate ergo I was born in S.E London. My club also has an S.E.25 postcode.
Hope this helps.
No. You're confusing me with Croydon Council. They're the ones who want to annex themselves from London.

Hope that helps, I doubt it though.

Dec 3, 2012
Yes! FFS! But clearly the town and the people of Croydon have an identity crisis about how it sees itself to where it is officially. And serious enough to apply for its own city status 3 (yes, THREE) times in the past 15 years. Those are official bids, not a few crackpots with too much time on their hands.

And you keep making out that I don't want you to be part of London. I really don't care. It's the people in Croydon with the strong opinions.

Christ. Really hard work.

Good. Thanks for clearing that up.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Exactly. You'd think it was important. Apparantly it will debated in Parliament tomorrow. Jesus. Nobody cares!!!

Quite.

So, I'm guessing that if someone had posted 46 times on this one thread alone, you would think they were a very sad individual.

Oh..... it appears that [MENTION=26451]Horton hears a few[/MENTION] has made that number of posts on this thread.

Oh my god. You couldn't make it up. 😇

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Ha! A bit of humour over this at last. Good man.

A probe into what though (you know what I mean)

Yes the whole thing is quite humorous obviously. But the point is Brighton took it so seriously that they threatened to get the police involved. All the more proving how despicable your club has been by not owning up to it.
Shirley you idiots must understand that? Maybe I expect too much of you.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes the whole thing is quite humorous obviously. But the point is Brighton took it so seriously that they threatened to get the police involved. All the more proving how despicable your club has been by not owning up to it.

Maybe just maybe it was all sorted out by both clubs and the police felt it was wasn't worth probeing Then this shitfest erupts and you all clammer to sit on the high moral ground looking down on us undesirables .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Maybe just maybe it was all sorted out by both clubs and the police felt it was wasn't worth probeing Then this shitfest erupts and you all clammer to sit on the high moral ground looking down on us undesirables .

We don't need to go very high to look down on your clubs morals,tbf

Dec 3, 2012

So there wasn't actually a police probe. Ok since you're going to be all human and reasonable about it, cards on the table. Yes, if the board were aware and I mean properly aware then it's not ideal and Brighton have been a bit shafted. I would then say that's unfortunate.

What has surprised me though is the moral high ground that some have taken and the flap that some have got into. Also the misplaced sense of importance of all this. I can only feel it's fuelled by frustration at never getting the better of Palace (and that isn't a sly dig).

I dunno it just seems funny. I don't think anyone thought worse of Brighton as a club in the first place. Most neutrals probably thought it was Poyet cos "he looks the type",

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Well palace didn't start to draw a line under it until about a year later and the internal investigation went on until the December I think. So in all that time and since, your club knew. So what you are saying is BHAFC carried on investigating when they had already 'sorted it out'.
Look, Palace shat and made a right mess in their own dressing room and then blamed someone else. Simples.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So there wasn't actually a police probe. Ok since you're going to be all human and reasonable about it, cards on the table. Yes, if the board were aware and I mean properly aware then it's not ideal and Brighton have been a bit shafted. I would then say that's unfortunate.

What has surprised me though is the moral high ground that some have taken and the flap that some have got into. Also the misplaced sense of importance of all this. I can only feel it's fuelled by frustration at never getting the better of Palace (and that isn't a sly dig).

I dunno it just seems funny. I don't think anyone thought worse of Brighton as a club in the first place. Most neutrals probably thought it was Poyet cos "he looks the type",

I actually do think BHAFC were looked down on after it. Made worse by comments from your own manager and chairman.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I actually do think BHAFC were looked down on after it. Made worse by comments from your own manager and chairman.

I think most football fans had a good laugh about it then forgot all about it . What comments were made about it by our manager and chairman ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here