[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if me a Parish will issue an apology on his Twitter account as he loves to comment about all things Palace and more, doubt it thought as it shows class to apologise.

Of course not: to apologise for that now would be an admission that Crystal Palace willfully encouraged the myth to perpetuate in the first place.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if me a Parish will issue an apology on his Twitter account as he loves to comment about all things Palace and more, doubt it thought as it shows class to apologise.

Absolutely this, at the very least Palace should apologise...... Appalling behaviour, given the fuss that was made at the time.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Good point but he is the man of the people, or the people's man, takes a man to apologise, let's wait and see, but think I agree with you, it would be an admission of guilt.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loving all this faux outrage.
If the Daily Mail did footy forums......

Yep. It's not like you'd have expressed exactly the same faux outrage at the start of this saga, is it?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In years to come, you and I, we'll have a chuckle over this.
Well I will.

Like we do on here over Eric Cantona really.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
*sits back and awaits faux outrage of a different variety*

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
Like we do on here over Eric Cantona really.

Wahey! We're more alike than first thought.
Also, not once in this thread, during all this bruhaha, has one of you expressed your concern for the well-being of that poor driver. If indeed he was the culprit. Seeing as there's been no tangible evidence and that.
For shame.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Loving all this faux outrage.
If the Daily Mail did footy forums......
There is no faux outrage, only a deluded individual would think there was.

Put simply :
1) The albion are in the clear. Good.

2) Palace let the albion's reputation take a beating. Shameful, really from those who knew the truth amongst Charming, Browett, and chums.

3) Palace internet goons act as expected, no change there.

At least the albion have eventually come out of this, heads held high.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You didn't read BBS at the time of poogate then I take it.

We were all labelled as vile, disgusting humans, shitty little club run by shitty people.

I think he is a NCL glory hunter , relegation will see him not renewing his season ticket. When I posted it was the coach driver as the poopertrator (from a very reliable source) on a thread numerous Nigels said I was making things up. Palace have been and always will be a tinpot club and their downfall when it happens will feel even more sweeter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also, not once in this thread, during all this bruhaha, has one of you expressed your concern for the well-being of that poor driver. If indeed he was the culprit. Seeing as there's been no tangible evidence and that.
For shame.

Again: I struggle with your need for tangible evidence now, when back in 2013, mere rumour was enough for you.

Anyway, I believe your own Glenn Murray confirmed fairly soon after the event that the driver was indeed safe, well, and subject to much mirth amongst the Palace players as a result of his predicament. Hence McCarthy and Speroni laughing about it last night. So much so, in fact, that he recovered in time to drive them to Wembley, and- as far as is known- managed the feats of both finding the stadium successfully and not emptying his exploding bowels all over the hallowed dressing rooms there.

No shame on our part (well, apart from the second half performance in that game :( ). The Albion are the club who have acted with dignity over all this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For shame.

Are you accusing one of your own players of lying?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The way that McCarthy has admitted this now would point to the fact that insiders at Palace have known the truth all this time, but kept silent.

You have to presume that the directors, the former manager, the chairman and CEO all knew, but none thought it necessary to tell the truth and clear innocent employees from unfair allegation and rumour.

They sound like the sort of honourable and trustworthy bunch anyone would want in charge of their team.

According to this poster the Co Chairman was telling fans this was the true story Last Season

Old Today, 08:18 AM
Lordashenden

Paddy speaks the truth, last season on the train back from newcastle Steve Browett told me and my uncle the same version. It was the coach driver.
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243268&page=21

total scum the lot of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Are we talking about the same Parish who denounced diving in the game to all who would listen and called for harsh punishments for the cheats of the game, but who then lost his voice when players of his team were then found to be doing the same?

If so, I think you may be waiting quite some time for that apology.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Yes that's the one, so don't think he will then.? Not sure as he like arguing with his own fans, so there is a chance as he does not appear to be that popular with the Palace fans.

Are we talking about the same Parish who denounced diving in the game to all who would listen and called for harsh punishments for the cheats of the game, but who then lost his voice when players of his team were then found to be doing the same?

If so, I think you may be waiting quite some time for that apology.

The same Steve Parish that registered on BBS to threaten a poster with legal action because he didn't like what was being posted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports