Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PGMOL

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Agree. A truly awful performance. Totally inconsistent. Literally didn't give one decision for us in the first half - not one, missed the obvious penalty, somehow added 5 mins injury time in the first half, booked 2 of our players for not retreating but let theirs off. Since he came over I've found Gillet pretty awful especially when he's on VAR and today cemented that opinion. A word too for the West side lino who couldn't help himself flagging for fouls for them but not for us even when it was right in front of him - the same lino incidentally who magically spotted Mitoma's "handball" against Spurs from 50 yards away last season.
I thought the lino did well from watching it on the box. Think that's this is the first time I've given an official credit.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Atrocious ? Not sure. We played into their hands with changing shape, subs at wrong time. Another stupid yellow from Dunk suspended for West Ham game screwing over his team mates like his silly petulant red card.

But yes the referee was terrible and we were hard done by.
How many times? This is a thread about the ref. If you think he was good then fine, tell us why but we aren't discussing our defence, our tactics or Dunk at this moment- yours are valid points for a different discussion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many times? This is a thread about the ref. If you think he was good then fine, tell us why but we aren't discussing our defence, our tactics or Dunk at this moment- yours are valid points for a different discussion.
ff the biggest take away people took from today is the officials over anything else - then yes worth calling out.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Very inconsistent in terms of bookings for not getting back ten yards. Well, I suppose he was consistent in the fact that he booked Brighton players and not spurs players.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
ff the biggest take away people took from today is the officials over anything else - then yes worth calling out.
People scream for a policeman when we complain about refs 'only because' we lose. I for one am complaining after a huge three points and a huge, much-needed team performance.

Also, as American Seagle says above: booking for Buonanotte 'standing in front of a free kick', one of theirs did the same (Hojbjerg maybe?) and nothing given.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know that I really felt the ref was particularly bad. Standard inconsistency with fouls. We can probably point to a few soft fouls given against us, with equally soft or worse challenges going unpunished for them. But I suspect Spurs could do the same. One thing that did stand out was his quick booking of our players for not retreating from their set pieces (especially the second one), yet letting them do it right in front of him.

The pass back looked to me like the defender knew what he was doing, but did so in a clever way that allows him to claim he was blocking the cross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here