Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol Prices

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
BP Ultimate Diesel. £1.50 or more. Because I think my car is worth the additives that go into it. (And because I like achieving my target 60mpg/60mph average between Sussex and Lincolnshire.)

I've only ever used BP since Obama and the Yanks started ripping the bottom out of "British Petroleum" (Obama's words) after the Gulf spill.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Same with bananas. They are the top selling item in any supermarket and every supermarket sells them at a loss. They have to keep the price very competitive to encourage footfall.

Sorry but you are completely wrong!

Bananas may be the best selling item on fruit and veg sections but what about Milk & Bread They bring in the footfall.(I know I spent a lot more time stocking up those sections than the Bananas in the day)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1.28 at asda Eastbourne yesterday.

Same at asda hollingbury yesterday

Asda have a national pricing policy , at present the petrol is 128.7p. Other supermarkets try to price match but have regional pricing so at times can be a penny or two more expensive than Asda depending whereabouts you are in the UK

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I think that is impossible, Fuel has to meet certain octane standards, if it was poor quality fuel, trading standards would have done the supermarkets years ago.

Snap,it is simply a price war. Thank god CMD was denied the chance of going into Syria otherwise it would be near £2 (?) a litre and choking off any economic recovery

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here