Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition: Without Fans there is no Football

SkyBlueJim

Feb 6, 2014
Done. Suggestion to OP. Draw parallels to the Albion's earlier plight, e.g. 150 mile roundtrip to Gillingham when we were exiled. Might get more Brighton fans to sign!

Many apologies, you lot will know more about our situation than anyone else! 150 miles - insane.

This is something i don't understand. Why do fans boycott the club when it is in most need of their support to be able to survive. The biggest thing to me is that if the club were to face a winding up petition (as a result of a significantly reduced income due to the boycott) and fold, the chances of using admin to survive must be next to none as there isn't a proper home ground. Also the chances of a potential buyer taking over would be virtually non existant (no ground, little income) And the chances of relegation without a potential winding up order must be huge as the club have less to spend on players due to the income dropping. It always seems to me to be a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face Oh and done!

I understand where you're coming from. The vast majority of us said we wouldn't attend if they moved the team to Northampton in their own interests and not the clubs. (I say not the club's because as well as SISU sacrificing the club's future generations of supporters it is turning down a much better deal financially for the club by not staying at the Ricoh).

Many of us (myself included) didn't feel like it was our club anymore when that happened. More a tool being used by an immoral hedge fund to achieve a land grab - the theory being that SISU aim to distress Arena Coventry Ltd as a business by depriving it of income so that they can later buy the land for peanuts.

When they are turning down offers to play at the Ricoh for free while their new stadium is supposedly being built, it's seems obvious this is the plan.

Apart from the lack of numbers willing to travel to Northampton many have also adopted a Not One Penny More approach which means abstaining from paying for any club related purchases until the current owners are replaced.

Either they are replaced or the club dies; but to many the club is dead anyway with SISU in control disregarding its community. We will happily form an AFC Coventry if necessary.

So what is the ideal outcome ? Someone rich enough to buy out SISU appearing ? SISU actually building a new ground ? ( pretty unlikely I guess ). The rent being reduced on the Ricoh ? A new AFC Coventry formed, playing in Coventry ? ( at the Ricoh ?) Seems a complete mess at the moment.

The ideal outcome would be SISU cutting their losses and going. This is simply a game of chess between the Council and SISU over ownership of the Ricoh, with the club's supporters made to suffer.

Do Coventry fans actually want to return to the Ricoh Arena? I thought the problem was that the club didn't own the ground and hence the rent was too high. Is there a general consensus as to what the majority of Coventry fans want/are aiming for, besides the somewhat vague "move back to Coventry"? At a guess: take over the club, return to Coventry, build a new ground/buy the Ricoh Arena?

The offer is on the table for the club to return but SISU will only accept freehold ownership of the ground and its surrounding land. Apart from this being near impossible due to incumbrances (several different parties having their own leases under that freehold that would need ending) the Council have no reason to trust our owners with what is a community asset and source of local jobs and income.

Such is the hatred and mistrust of our owners that most of us would prefer the club didn't own the ground if it meant the ground was owned by SISU.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Signed. Best of luck - always liked Coventry (the club, not the city :wink:) - seemed a genuine club with loyal fans.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
for anyone with the faintest shred of understanding of albion's recent past, this is a no-brainer.
(done obvs)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Done, unfortunately the people in charge are not strong enough to sort pretty obvious situations.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Many apologies, you lot will know more about our situation than anyone else! 150 miles - insane.

I understand where you're coming from. The vast majority of us said we wouldn't attend if they moved the team to Northampton in their own interests and not the clubs. (I say not the club's because as well as SISU sacrificing the club's future generations of supporters it is turning down a much better deal financially for the club by not staying at the Ricoh).

Many of us (myself included) didn't feel like it was our club anymore when that happened. More a tool being used by an immoral hedge fund to achieve a land grab - the theory being that SISU aim to distress Arena Coventry Ltd as a business by depriving it of income so that they can later buy the land for peanuts.

When they are turning down offers to play at the Ricoh for free while their new stadium is supposedly being built, it's seems obvious this is the plan.

Apart from the lack of numbers willing to travel to Northampton many have also adopted a Not One Penny More approach which means abstaining from paying for any club related purchases until the current owners are replaced.

Either they are replaced or the club dies; but to many the club is dead anyway with SISU in control disregarding its community. We will happily form an AFC Coventry if necessary.

The ideal outcome would be SISU cutting their losses and going. This is simply a game of chess between the Council and SISU over ownership of the Ricoh, with the club's supporters made to suffer.

The offer is on the table for the club to return but SISU will only accept freehold ownership of the ground and its surrounding land. Apart from this being near impossible due to incumbrances (several different parties having their own leases under that freehold that would need ending) the Council have no reason to trust our owners with what is a community asset and source of local jobs and income.

Such is the hatred and mistrust of our owners that most of us would prefer the club didn't own the ground if it meant the ground was owned by SISU.

Thanks for explaining everything. It seems that the only way forward is for SISU to go. Good luck with everything, I hope you manage to oust them with the minimum damage to the club.

Dandyman

In London village.
Done. Best luck to the campaign.

Oct 6, 2010
Surely if the majority of fans are adopting the boycott approach to "home" games; it is already time for AFC Coventry to be formed and backed by the fans? Give complete support or none?

Signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here