Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition: Without Fans there is no Football

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Done.
Quite a few parallels between Coventry FC and the Albion a few years ago.

As the football authorities appear to do nothing in these situations it's up to us as fans to try to do something to put things right.

Best of luck to Coventry. Keep battling away and maybe you'll come out this horrible situation all the better and stronger for it. We've proved that it can be done.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
- The vast majority of City fans are boycotting games at Northampton and attendances there are hitting record lows with an average of around 2,000 including visiting fans, but there’s been a massive increase in numbers going to away games
- A generation of new football fans is being lost and the heart is being ripped out of our club
- There is no indication of when, if ever, we will return to Coventry

This is something i don't understand. Why do fans boycott the club when it is in most need of their support to be able to survive.

The biggest thing to me is that if the club were to face a winding up petition (as a result of a significantly reduced income due to the boycott) and fold, the chances of using admin to survive must be next to none as there isn't a proper home ground. Also the chances of a potential buyer taking over would be virtually non existant (no ground, little income)

And the chances of relegation without a potential winding up order must be huge as the club have less to spend on players due to the income dropping.

It always seems to me to be a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face

Oh and done!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So what is the ideal outcome ?

Someone rich enough to buy out SISU appearing ?

SISU actually building a new ground ? ( pretty unlikely I guess ).

The rent being reduced on the Ricoh ?

A new AFC Coventry formed, playing in Coventry ? ( at the Ricoh ?)

Seems a complete mess at the moment.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
done

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Do Coventry fans actually want to return to the Ricoh Arena? I thought the problem was that the club didn't own the ground and hence the rent was too high.

Is there a general consensus as to what the majority of Coventry fans want/are aiming for, besides the somewhat vague "move back to Coventry"?
At a guess: take over the club, return to Coventry, build a new ground/buy the Ricoh Arena?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Done, good luck.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Done and good luck ... we must all remember playing our matches Gillingham and how it almost finished Archer and Belotti's murder of our club, yet it perversely saved us.
Hope the same happens for Coventry City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here