Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition - say no to 'B' teams league

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'm in the middle of reading the whole commission. At the moment I'm against the idea, but until I finish reading the whole document, I will reserve comment. Once again a lot of knee-jerk reactions without knowing the full facts.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Signed - a short sighted approach and does not address the real issues which are coaching and academies
There are already a lot of decent academies, right across the top two divisions, nothing is improving, its getting worse.... those academy players are not making it through the ranks, they dont get competitive football, they play against other 21 year olds, they dont learn to cope with the higher intensity physicality of the game at the top level. Agreed that coaching at the lower levels need to be improved, but that still wont address the issue of jumping from the juniors to the seniors.

Interesting how Spain have this system, and the world scrambles to recruit Spanish players and coaches, and to a slightly lesser degree with German and French personel. I dont see our staff, players or otherwise, getting persued in numbers to grace the continental leagues, do you?

Our non-league will adapt, they will benefit from the exposure, and the pyramid will remain, albeit with an extra layer.

Note: there is room for two opinions on this issue, mine being as valid as yours in its own way, none of us are equipped to say with certainty that each of us is wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
until I finish reading the whole document, I will reserve comment
How dare you! :censored: :rant: :angry:

I expect it's a bad idea. But I'd like to learn what I can about it, and see if there's a way of fixing the negative parts of it, or coming up with something better all together. If that's changes in coaching etc, how will that work?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If they HAVE to change it they should have a sort of draft system.

teams put players on a loan list at the start of the season and each team can pick up to three from this list for the season, starting with the worst team in the league having first pick.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
but thats their *2nd* tier.

So, most continental 2nd tier leagues are not a patch on the Championship attendances, or even in some cases League 1, never have been.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm in the middle of reading the whole commission. At the moment I'm against the idea, but until I finish reading the whole document, I will reserve comment. Once again a lot of knee-jerk reactions without knowing the full facts.

It doesn't get better. Wait till you get to the bit where they suggest Prem clubs bribe lower league clubs to accept the proposal.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If they HAVE to change it they should have a sort of draft system.

teams put players on a loan list at the start of the season and each team can pick up to three from this list for the season, starting with the worst team in the league having first pick.
Never work, players styles and clubs playing style always dictates where a player is loaned to,......

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It doesn't get better. Wait till you get to the bit where they suggest Prem clubs bribe lower league clubs to accept the proposal.
Aaahhh, a talksport listener,.....

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Did enjoy Accrington Stanley's tweet yesterday;

In 2016/17 we can achieve our dream... We'll finally be able to play Stoke City Reserves in the Football League...

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
But the proposed rules are that the players in the B team can't be foreign?

Really? Think you need to look at the definition of a home-grown player:

A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One of my main concerns is the possibility of these teams being full strength one week, and then make-shift the next, thus mucking up the season for other clubs that are fighting to stay up/get promoted. But surely they could introduce rules to prevent that happening (although I doubt they would).

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Once again the FA has proven that they focus far too much on the big teams and refuse to approach the issues that lower league clubs have suffered and as a result we have seen many lower/non-league clubs suffer the following:
1) Non-league wilderness
2) Administration
3) Extinction

The "Big" teams can run independently on their own, they can afford the staff to do so! Lower leagues cannot and deserve the support it needs, this is not supporting them!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).
Well I think they should look at changing that if they are to go ahead with the proposal, with the intention of improving English players and Welsh players.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
One of my main concerns is the possibility of these teams being full strength one week, and then make-shift the next, thus mucking up the season for other clubs that are fighting to stay up/get promoted. But surely they could introduce rules to prevent that happening (although I doubt they would).
They dont need to, there are already rules that state clubs have to play the strongest possible team, we have seen clubs sanctioned by the FA for not adhering to it. You doi realise that these 'clubs' will be an entity like any club, having to name at the start of the season, its squad, and adhere to trf restrictions like any other club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here