Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward's got me in a bit of trouble...

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've just used the web archive site - to look at their copyright/fees page at the time I 'stole' their image, and looks like I could have room to negotiate:

Copyright Information
All of the photographs on 'Sporting-Heroes' are copyright © images.

* You may only download our pages for PERSONAL use.
* It is illegal to print images from sporting-heroes.net and to sell those images in any form whatsoever (ie. accompanying an autograph).
* The display of any of the images on another web site without our written consent is illegal. Some of the images on sporting-heroes.net are available for use on other websites and those interested should contact us at the email address below. The annual fee is £50 per image. This fee also applies if you were to only use the photo for a matter of days or even hours. NO ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP OR FOOTBALL LEAGUE (1992/93 season onwards) images are available.
* The copying of any of the images for public display (pubs, cafes, sports clubs etc) is illegal.
* Reproduction in books, magazines, newspapers etc without written permission is also illegal.
* No photographic image on Sporting Heroes may be used as an "artists reference" for a painting/drawing/sketch/sculpture/collage etc.....without authorisation.

We would welcome any information concerning any of the above infringements.
sporting-heroes.net and it's associated web sites are owned by

Sporting Heroes Collection Ltd
Telephone: 0116 232 0310. Outside the UK: 00 44 116 232 0310
E-mail: asp@sports-photos.co.uk

OK, so who grassed me up...?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Put it down as a company expense then it will come off company profits at the end of the year and reduce your corporation tax bill. Just means your be paying them instead of the HM Revenue. :)

JarJarBinks

Jun 22, 2013
Hi all, SWFC fan here in peace. Very interested to hear of the outcome of this as I've received a similar letter demanding payment recently and am building my defence accordingly. Haven't found reference to any other examples of this website issuing such letters, so would be really keen to know how this was settled.

Thanks in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here