Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward's got me in a bit of trouble...

ajm

Feb 23, 2009
if photos down now ignore it, would cost them more than £200 to chase you through the courts

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
You could just say you live in Belize or Sealand and you are not subject to foreign copyright laws. :lol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What proof have they got that it was on your site? You could tell the court that they are faking whatever web shots they come up with!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
They wont take you to court. Remove the picture, and ask them to provide proof. its just scaremongering.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Terms and conditions of use of " www.sporting-heroes.net"
These terms and conditions govern your use of this SPORTING HEROES COLLECTION LTD web site.

Please read through the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, do not use this web site. If you do use the web site, your actions imply that you agree to be bound by the Terms and conditions.

Copyright notices

Unless otherwise specified the photographic copyright on all the pages in this web site are owned by George P. Herringshaw and/or licensed to SPORTING HEROES COLLECTION LTD.

The authors of the photographic pages in this web site have asserted their moral right pursuant to Section 77 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of those works likewise with other national copyright laws.

Further restrictions are identified under the section called copyright (found within Information).

Conditions of your use of this web site.

You may only print or download the contents of an individual page of this web site for the purpose of private and personal use

You may not distribute, display or copy any of the contents of the pages contained in this web site to third parties or sell any to third parties.

The contents of this web site may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means for commercial purposes without the written permission of SPORTING HEROES COLLECTION LTD.

NO PHOTOGRAPH MAY BE DISPLAYED ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT OUR WRITTEN PERMISSION.

THIS INCLUDES SOCIAL NETWORK SITES, BLOGS, CHAT ROOMS, NEWSLETTERS, FORUMS etc...

(See copyright section).

You want to be careful, they might come after you next for copying that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
just deny all knowledge, and say that you are only 11 years old

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Anyone who is going to go to the trouble of contacting you and threatening legal action will surely have taken a printscreen of the offending website, easy to prove

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone who is going to go to the trouble of contacting you and threatening legal action will surely have taken a printscreen of the offending website, easy to prove

Easy to fake a printscreen in Photoshop. It would prove nothing.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington

Then sue them to the figure of £1,000 for copying stuff from your website, easy.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
COULD THIS BE THE END OF FRIDAY DOGS IN COSTUMES?!?!?!

No, but NSCers will have to dress their dogs in the costumes, take the pictures and upload them on here. That will stop any copyright issues there are with the current format.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
To the good people of NSC - your help and advice please. I've just been served with a nasty letter from sporting-heroes.net demanding I pay £195 for a small picture of Peter Ward I used on the 'about me' page on my website. At the time, I probably just grabbed the image off Google and didn't worry too much about the consequences. I certainly can't remember seeing any warnings about using the image, or indeed any legal gumph about purchasing a licence. If I had done so, I wouldn't have touched it.

I've looked up the legal side of things on the net - and there are areas where I could argue 'fair use'. I'm not attempting to profit from using his image, by selling it on as my own. He also hasn't served me with a 'cease and desist'-type letter - It's just basically 'Pay up, or I'll take you to court'.

Anyway - I've removed the offending image, but what do I do next? I obviously don't want to pay up - £200 for a picture that doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on my own business. And I certainly don't want to have to contest it in court as it would take up too much time, and possibly cost me a lot more. Should I write to him and try and meet him half-way? Or should I just ignore the letter and wait for the summons? Over to you...

Just a question but how did they get your address? or are you one of the people who likes to publish all personal details?

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Is the correct answer... I'm a member of the FSB, so I'll get some advice from them.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just a question but how did they get your address? or are you one of the people who likes to publish all personal details?

Companies Act 2006 and Business Names Act 1985

Every UK company should list on its website:

* its name;

* its company registration number;

* its place of registration; and

* its registered office address.

Sole traders and partnerships who carry on a business in the UK under a business name (very roughly, not the names of the trader/partners) must also make certain website disclosures:

* in the case of a sole trader, the individual’s name;

* in the case of a partnership, the name of each member of the partnership;

* in either case, in relation to each person named, an address in the UK at which service of any document relating in any way to the business will be effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here