Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Smith

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Marley.....After his first season he was very highly rated and 4-4-2 had a piece on him being the cult hero of the goldstone and being destined for the top flight. This was about the time wingbacks were latest tactical craze and lots of people were raving about him. Always good entertainment and he always gave 100%. Who remembers when he played centre back against wallsall and we let in at least 5?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
anyone remember the pre match "warm ups" at G'ham? the one touch passing in front of the new (then) stand. Jeff Wood had to change it after a few weeks because Smithy's one touch was always a shinned deflection into the crowd.

Also for the past six years whenever anyone has fluffed a shot, whether at pro or sunday level my son has always said "that was a Peter Smith shot". I wonder when he'll stop.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
I've seen him many a time in the Tun Wells tesco. I believe he used to live in the road up by the butchers. Don't know if he still lives there though.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
bha.fatboy said:
fatboy said:
Not impressed with your name!!

You should be!! I was the original Fatboy that North standers used to sing too every week. Fatboy Fatboy give us a song. Also made Gulls eye when they were trying to find out who I was.

Ahh yes fond memories, the back of the north stand all singing "Fatboy Fatboy give us a wave" Classic times. I remember seeing Steve North out of "Londons Burning" and he kept on saying "Who the fcuk is this Fatboy everybody's singing about!!"

Who broke your themos flask Fatboy????????

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Sorry I have to disagree with you all Smithy was a genius and the fact that you lot don't understand his genius just goes to prove it.

I remember him turning Ricky "£800, 000 down the drain" Otto at Birmingham inside out in a rousing 3-3 draw (we gave them a 2 goal start as well).

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I can only remember him from the Gillingham days. And from what I can remember his major problem with the beautiful game was he couldn’t control a football. His tackling was poor. As was his passing and his crossing was even worse. But I think he did score twice in a couple of games much to the amusement of the Rainham End.

gezza

Jul 8, 2003
New Forest
I see Peter Smith in Wetherspoons in T.Wells a lot as you say he lives just by the butchers.
What is he doing now ?
Still at Canvey ?

Stumpy Tim

Marley was quality. The only highlight of several drab seasons. His Player of the Season time was brilliant. I think fans loved him because he really tried

Saying that, my lingering memory is of his attempted slide tackles. Without fail he would utterly miss the ball & take the opponents legs clean away. It always resulted in a booking too

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter Smith

dwayne said:
how weird is that, I went in there today after work!!!

do u work at JPM Rusthall??

Not JPM - broking house by Cannon St - called Martin Brokers. Golden Fleece is the only place nearby for good beer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here