Peter Smith

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smithy was a legend in that first season and although he could be awful at times, at least he was exciting to watch. Fast as anyone and with long legs that always seemed to get the ball in a tackle. As a resident of Tunny Wells in those days, I was always bumping into him in Tesco's or somewhere.

Never gonna make it into an Albion alltime best 11, but then neither would most of the players in the squad at that time.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Oh yes, his "Twizzle"* like ability to twist his long legs around and scoop the ball impossibly away from the feet of an opposing player was amazing! :lolol:

* Will mean nothing to most young posters - strange kids program character from many years ago who used to give me nightmares - had the ability to stretch his arms and legs...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
did'nt he get player of the season once? I remember when he had a class year then just went shit...shame really but I have funny fond memories of him

and he once got a man of the match award v Darlingon at pissfield for coming on as a sub in 0-4 defeat, giving away a penalty and scoring an own goal.

Quality!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Nobb Holder

Jul 9, 2003
Fitzrovia, London
Chatting to Smithy and Nogan outside the Paradox in 95/96 me thinks. Smithy missed a sitter in front of the North Stand and I asked him how he'd fecked it when it seemed easier to score. He replied...

'to be honest mate, I fuckin' shat meself!'

Had me in stitches for months! Always liked him after that.

One of the great comedy geniuses of all time.

Could always be relied upon to give a throw in to the opposition - even from the most impossible of positions.

Would have functioned better if his legs hadn't been swapped over - an accident that presumably happened sometime in 1995/96.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Storer68 said:
and he once got a man of the match award v Darlingon at pissfield for coming on as a sub in 0-4 defeat, giving away a penalty and scoring an own goal.

Quality!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

lol, that was his comeback gam

and to who said he was quality on championship manager, he was indeed, i once sold him to a premiership club for £2million or so

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Last I saw of Golley was seeing him warming the bench for the mighty Harchester Rovers along with Junior

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
bha.fatboy said:
Last I saw of Golley was seeing him warming the bench for the mighty Harchester Rovers along with Junior

Not impressed with your name!!

:jester:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
fatboy said:

You should be!! I was the original Fatboy that North standers used to sing too every week. Fatboy Fatboy give us a song. Also made Gulls eye when they were trying to find out who I was.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Peter Smith

Rusthall Seagull said:
He was working at a young girl in the pub - other than that, he was drinking at the Golden Fleece just off cheapside!!

how weird is that, I went in there today after work!!!

do u work at JPM Rusthall??

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
bha.fatboy said:
fatboy said:

You should be!! I was the original Fatboy that North standers used to sing too every week. Fatboy Fatboy give us a song. Also made Gulls eye when they were trying to find out who I was.

Are you now a Plymouth fan?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Nope. Will be Brighton til I die.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
yeah, sure was, I remember with him as my star player I got brighton automatically promoted from div2, then into the div1 playoff final and FA Cup semi's. I also got Lee Bowyer, Phil Neville and a few other relatively big names

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports