[Brighton] Peter Pan Playground redevelopment - "Sea Lanes"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Saltdean LIdo is under construction right now. No thanks to Brighton council who wouldn't pay their share when it was found that an electricity sub station had been removed. The company had to raise another £70K, which wasn't expected.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-35254817

I would suggest that the council haven't been the villains that they've been made out here. The public relations of the Lido cic do sometimes leave a bit to be desired. Which is a shame really.

I would think almost everybody in saltdean supports the cic and want it to do well. However it's a year behind schedule and a lot of things previously offered at the community centre in the Lido building are now being quietly scaled down. Also all the section 106 money from the grand ocean development has now gone so nothing left to support any other community developments in the area. It's basically all or nothing on the Lido scheme

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
An open air pool is going to be a kick in the teeth for Saltdean Lido.

We'd best not re-open Blackrock & Rottingdean open air pools then!

It seems amazing now that one time all 3 could coexist and thrive.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you build it

BRIGHTON%20%20PADDLING%20%201974%20_1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I do remember by being quite freaked out by a huge fibre-glass peach in the Peter Pans playground after a particularly, er, heavy night in Concorde many many years ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I knew Norman who ran Peter Pans or years. Lovely old boy.

Used to tell how, as a German speaker, he was commissioned in the war to run POW camps. He said the Italians just wanted to sit around all day but he was driven mad by the Germans banging on his door a 6 am for inspection.

Anyway. Carry on.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Saltdean LIdo is under construction right now. No thanks to Brighton council who wouldn't pay their share when it was found that an electricity sub station had been removed. The company had to raise another £70K, which wasn't expected.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-35254817
They were basically given the site on the proviso they fund it themselves. Can't go cap in hand after that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would suggest that the council haven't been the villains that they've been made out here. The public relations of the Lido cic do sometimes leave a bit to be desired. Which is a shame really.

I would think almost everybody in saltdean supports the cic and want it to do well. However it's a year behind schedule and a lot of things previously offered at the community centre in the Lido building are now being quietly scaled down. Also all the section 106 money from the grand ocean development has now gone so nothing left to support any other community developments in the area. It's basically all or nothing on the Lido scheme

They were basically given the site on the proviso they fund it themselves. Can't go cap in hand after that.

As I understand it, they didn't know the substation had been removed, so felt 'cheated' and have had to scale back to find the extra money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports