Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter James

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have just today finished the Peter Gutteridge Brighton trilogy.....good but not riveting.

I will check out the Grace books.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Do you need to have read all of them in order from the first one to understand what's going on in the latest ones? I've not read any but thought I might give one a go...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If you have yet to listen to it then can I plug the Albion Roar podcast with Peter James as guest, it is very good, in particular his discussion on why Brighton is such an attractive place for criminals :)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Having read all the Roy Grace books so far this is the first one I shall give a miss as they seem to be coming a bit old hat. My wife who reads them as well also said dont bother with the next one as they seem to be going a bit downhill. The Argus have been running extracts from the new one and they haven't persuaded me to change my mind.

Huh?

How can you get this far and not want know what happens with Sandy and Cleo?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Love the Roy Grace books. Look forward to them every year. Roll on tomorrow.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Do you need to have read all of them in order from the first one to understand what's going on in the latest ones? I've not read any but thought I might give one a go...

I wouldn't just read the latest if I was you. You need to read them all because a lot of what happens runs into the next edition.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Having read all the Roy Grace books so far this is the first one I shall give a miss as they seem to be coming a bit old hat. My wife who reads them as well also said dont bother with the next one as they seem to be going a bit downhill. The Argus have been running extracts from the new one and they haven't persuaded me to change my mind.
:facepalm:

Stumpy Tim

Well spotted. Just downloaded and will be reading it on the train today. I do think he needs to do something with the Sandy situation... It jus lingers without being particularly important. Up to now, it's just a distraction the books don't need

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Heard a while ago there were plans to turn into a Tv series/films. Does anyone know if this is still going ahead?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

You don't even need to reed most of one book, you'll pick it up! It's entertaining stuff, throw away, but good fun anyway.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If you like James Lee Burke, have you tried Lawrence Block? His Detective series (Mat Scudder) are great.

Yes I've read them all - seriously good stuff. Also the Elvis Cole / Joe Pike series by Robert Crais are up there with the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here