Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Peter Crouch Save Our Summer BBC1

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Exactly, I have only listened to one but it was so laddish and forced that I gave up

I liked the first half a dozen or so, Crouch's anecdotes are a genuinely interesting insight into the lives and mindset of a premier league footballer.
He also has a good, self-deprecating style which makes it enjoyable.

However as the series goes on the co-presenters get increasingly annoying and their self-congratulatory references to "the pod" get very tiresome.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked the first half a dozen or so, Crouch's anecdotes are a genuinely interesting insight into the lives and mindset of a premier league footballer.
He also has a good, self-deprecating style which makes it enjoyable.

However as the series goes on the co-presenters get increasingly annoying and their self-congratulatory references to "the pod" get very tiresome.

Fair enough, I enjoy listening to Crouch in interviews, and as you say he is self depreciating and the stories are funny, it was the co presenters who got right up my nose with their fake loud laughter and unfunny comments on the podcast I listened too

In fairness I have the same problem with most football podcasts, it’s the presenters who ruin it most of the time for me :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Didn't watch it, but one of my mates was in the Dad's race that featured. The WhatsApp chat centred mainly around that, as opposed to the rest of the content and its quality. I may check it out at some point, but (by the sound of it) be thankful I can skip through!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here