Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Peter Crouch Save Our Summer BBC1

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like Crouch but have given his podcast a go a couple of times and just can’t get into it. Just find it a bit awkward and forced, not especially funny and his co hosts really irritating. The only reason I can see it does so well in podcast charts is the massive pushing it recieves from the BBC, more than any other podcast.

Glad I missed this too by the sounds of it.

Quickly Kevin, now that is an entertaining and funny football podcast.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't seen it yet but plan to take a butchers.

Enjoy his podcasts though and probably got the gig on the back of the success of those. I suspect it's a lot easier to be relaxed when recording the podcast remotely on a zoom chat or whatever than it is being stuck in front of the cameras!

Talking of podcasts, if you like Louis Theroux's style, he has a series called Grounded with Louis Theroux which I would recommend. Does about an hour chatting to someone he hasn't yet met. Right mix, Boy George, Lenny Henry, KSI, Helena Bonham Carter.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I quite enjoyed it strangely. It was trying to do something different and light hearted and so much of it didn't work. Never mind grin inanely, laugh too hard and move on. I hope the BBC focus groups don't get hold of it, otherwise we can expect segments on cross dressing antique auctions. Not sure I would make a conscious effort to watch it again, but what else is gripping on a Saturday night?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It’s so bad and yet I still watched it. I’ll probably watch next week just to see if it gets better.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My wife purchased tickets for us to both go and see Michael Macintire she inadvertently purchased these after I had said that I would not mind seeing Lee Mack she got the names confused easy done I confuse Advacardo and Aubergine anyway we went along it was the worse show ever he is so not funny it even worse than the time went went to see Cats and that was awful anyway long story short I have said I am not going to see anymore musicals and certainly never going to see that **** Macintire again, now what was it I was supposed to get at Tesco's to make the green dip thing, are yes I remember Aubergine
My previous Mrs V once covertly purchased tickets for us to see Starlight Express, a bigger crock of shite would be hard to find... People rollerskating with a piece of a train on their heads is NOT entertainment.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
To be honest I was expecting it to be awfully embarrassing but it wasn’t quite as bad as that.

I didn’t really understand what Chris Ramsey was doing there as he contributed virtually nothing other than inane laughs at some of the “jokes”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was so bad, I couldn't stop watching. And that was the first of an EIGHT show series !

Hope Farah was tested after he kicked that teabag into the cup.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I watched some of it whilst eating dinner, agree with most of the comments.

I am guessing from the sky dive with Jermaine Jenas filmed before lockdown, that the show was always in the offing. I wonder how much the format was adjusted due to lockdown?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not sure I would make a conscious effort to watch it again, but what else is gripping on a Saturday night?

If you want gripping, severe stomach cramps would be more entertaining than this show.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I haven’t seen it yet but I’m going to watch it today and to be honest I don’t care how bad it is as anything with this beautiful woman in has to be worth the watch !

519F9A8A-0A22-474B-9606-509490726B2A.jpeg

Attachments

• D2C794EE-182E-4ECE-BEDA-AFBCF4C6B4B4.jpeg
    D2C794EE-182E-4ECE-BEDA-AFBCF4C6B4B4.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 138

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I like Crouch but have given his podcast a go a couple of times and just can’t get into it. Just find it a bit awkward and forced, not especially funny and his co hosts really irritating. The only reason I can see it does so well in podcast charts is the massive pushing it recieves from the BBC, more than any other podcast.

Glad I missed this too by the sounds of it.

Quickly Kevin, now that is an entertaining and funny football podcast.

Agree entirely about the podcast. The first couple were moderately interesting but it's just become so bloody "laddish" with the annoying hosts laughing instantly at their own unfunny quips whilst being endlessly promoted on the BBC. And of course now Crouch is everywhere, culminating in this nonsense show. Still, good luck to him if he can continue to make a living out of it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I am guessing from the sky dive with Jermaine Jenas filmed before lockdown

That feature would have been improved considerably if they hadn't given them both parachutes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The set is remarkable. A combination of cheap laminate, fake grass, plastic plants and a table made of chipboard.

It's like walking into B&Q in the summer and finding Peter Crouch and Rio Ferdinand behind the till.

View attachment 124510

Rio’s lockdown hair has got really long.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My previous Mrs V once covertly purchased tickets for us to see Starlight Express, a bigger crock of shite would be hard to find... People rollerskating with a piece of a train on their heads is NOT entertainment.

Agreed 100%, absolutely crap

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree entirely about the podcast. The first couple were moderately interesting but it's just become so bloody "laddish" with the annoying hosts laughing instantly at their own unfunny quips whilst being endlessly promoted on the BBC. And of course now Crouch is everywhere, culminating in this nonsense show. Still, good luck to him if he can continue to make a living out of it.

Exactly, I have only listened to one but it was so laddish and forced that I gave up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here