Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Brezovan

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They do indeed. :down: Thanks for the reminder of memories associated with Brezovan pre-signing.

Changing the subject, was I the only person happy to see him in the team? I let out a huge yell of joy when I spotted him lining up for the little clapping frenzy at the start. Others had different reactions.

I think I was looking at his one appearance last season when we won which gave me a lot of hope, so I was quite positive about him playing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They do indeed. :down: Thanks for the reminder of memories associated with Brezovan pre-signing.

Changing the subject, was I the only person happy to see him in the team? I let out a huge yell of joy when I spotted him lining up for the little clapping frenzy at the start. Others had different reactions.

Well everyone else recognises Kuszczak as the quality keeper that he is, you seem to think he is shit so it is not surprising you had a different reaction to others.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well everyone else recognises Kuszczak as the quality keeper that he is, you seem to think he is shit so it is not surprising you had a different reaction to others.

Quote the post where I call him "shit". Otherwise, apologise like a man.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Quote the post where I call him "shit". Otherwise, apologise like a man.

Yeah, NE just said "Kuszczak isn't very good", "he had fluffed the audition", that he is "Poor with his feet, doesn't command his area and doesn't seem to fill tue [sic] defence with confidence", and "I've thought for a while now Kuszczak has been really disappointing.", "So many long range shots have beaten him already this season, far too easily", but he never actually said that he was shit.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?267368-Kuszczak-isn-t-very-good

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, NE just said "Kuszczak isn't very good", "he had fluffed the audition", that he is "Poor with his feet, doesn't command his area and doesn't seem to fill tue [sic] defence with confidence", and "I've thought for a while now Kuszczak has been really disappointing.", "So many long range shots have beaten him already this season, far too easily", but he never actually said that he was shit.

Precisely my point, sarcasm not withstanding.

I recognise that Kuszczak is a very good goalkeeper, although I find some of the praise that has been lavished upon him to be generous. I'm sure Tomasz himself isn't too fussed, but I certainly never called him shit. Graeme Smith was shit. It will be a long time before a goalkeeper is that bad for us again.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think he's the best number 2 goalkeeper a club can have. Kuszczak is obviously better than he is, and when the Pole is fit, he'll be straight back in. But Brez is a fabulous second choice keeper, for the one off games when he's needed. I'm not sure he has the confidence to play regularly, but when he has to step in on occasion he steps up and does well. It will be interesting to see who is in goal at Middlesbrough, if Kuszczak isn't fit enough.

he is our number 3 when ankers is fit

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great performance by sexy Pete, really pleased for him. Was also really good at the end as both Koosh and Ankergren celebrated with him.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Precisely my point, sarcasm not withstanding.

I recognise that Kuszczak is a very good goalkeeper, although I find some of the praise that has been lavished upon him to be generous. I'm sure Tomasz himself isn't too fussed, but I certainly never called him shit. Graeme Smith was shit. It will be a long time before a goalkeeper is that bad for us again.

Smith wasnt just shit he was truly appallingly atrocious. a man that started bad and got worse. I think itll be a long time any player is that bad for us.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He did well, but in my opinion it was the only time that he has. People forget the blunders of yesteryear.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Brilliant photo

Ba6SmCUCMAAia7p.jpg:large

Lovely stuff.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

How can someone make comments like that then expect to be taken seriously in the future on any footballing matter? Just clueless.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
At Withdean, I always preferred Brez in goal; he was fantastic until he seemed to lose his nerve a bit. He was pretty good yesterday. Nice spin on his long punts. Good that he got that early save in.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Just saw interview with him on seagull player. What a charming guy! Refreshingly little ego.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

:lolol:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Didn't he have a trial for Everton or someone when he was at Swindon? I've always thought he was a decent keeper, he just seems to suffer from a lack of confidence at times. I think the early save yesterday did wonders for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here