Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Brezovan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think he's the best number 2 goalkeeper a club can have. Kuszczak is obviously better than he is, and when the Pole is fit, he'll be straight back in. But Brez is a fabulous second choice keeper, for the one off games when he's needed. I'm not sure he has the confidence to play regularly, but when he has to step in on occasion he steps up and does well. It will be interesting to see who is in goal at Middlesbrough, if Kuszczak isn't fit enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very happy with his performance today. I felt very calm when he had the ball at his feet. Also was great when he claimed the corners to relieve pressure of the defence.

I groaned inwardly when I saw him appear, but he had a very good game. His distribution was much better than Kuz's is too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think he's the best number 2 goalkeeper a club can have. Kuszczak is obviously better than he is, and when the Pole is fit, he'll be straight back in. But Brez is a fabulous second choice keeper, for the one off games when he's needed. I'm not sure he has the confidence to play regularly, but when he has to step in on occasion he steps up and does well. It will be interesting to see who is in goal at Middlesbrough, if Kuszczak isn't fit enough.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I felt sorry for him with their goal. From my angle in the family stand it looked like the defenders ducked the free kick thinking it would go straight out. I accept that could be way off the mark though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Brilliant photo

Ba6SmCUCMAAia7p.jpg:large

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was worried when Kuszczak went off but Sexy Pete was simply great today. Some credit has to go to the defence but what he did do he did very well. Can't understand why Casper is preferred as second choice.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Considering Brez was sick on Friday and unable to train he did great. Mind you I bet he'd have staggered into work if he knew there was going to be a strong chance he'd be playing!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he did ok today no more, he did fumble a couple io easy catches which is usual for him but the plus point was that he caught the ball more than he used to instead of punching it so perhaps there is hope if Kuszczak was injured.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
When I heard his name, my heart sank and I muttered oh %4&K. However, like the rest of the team, Brez was outstanding today and never showed any nerves, despite being thrown in at the deep end with no notice. His handling and distribution were first class throughout.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There was a time when you called for the head of Poyet for signing Brezovan, Ninja. How times change... :)

They do indeed. :down: Thanks for the reminder of memories associated with Brezovan pre-signing.

Changing the subject, was I the only person happy to see him in the team? I let out a huge yell of joy when I spotted him lining up for the little clapping frenzy at the start. Others had different reactions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here