Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pet hates - fans getting football wrong

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you would drop & Hove Albion ? . How many would be happy with just Albion ? .
Next door to the City Ground as you know is Nottinghamshire CCC , also known throughout cricket as Notts , they don`t seem to have a problem ? .

Notts is an abbreviation for Nottinghamshire the county, not Nottingham the city. Hence Notts County and Nottinghamshire CCC are both abbreviated to Notts.

Abbreviating Nottingham Forest to Notts Forest is simply incorrect because that club is named after the city, not the county.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
For some reason fans singing 'xx is a shithole, I wanna go home' really winds me up. Especially as much of the away crowd won't have actually spent any time in the town anyway, so won't have the foggiest what it's actually like.

(except when it's sung at Stoke - then it's simply a statement of fact)

Burnley fans were singing this at Watford the other week......they live in Burnley!

theboybilly

Fans of big clubs singing we'll never die ,of course you won't your worth Billions[Manchester United]

If you listen to the words of United's 'Keep the Red Flag Flying High' (not the chavvy Chelsea copycat version) you'll realise they are paying homage to the 8 members of their team (and others on that fateful flight) who lost their lives in 1958. They've been singing it for over six decades.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
People taking twitter speculation about transfers to be the gospel truth. That bellend Frabrizo or whatever his name is knows nothing as he proved with Cucerella yet he says done deal and people believe him. All he does is put his own spin on respected journos tweets and puts a photoshopped picture of the player in a kit of the new team.

Secondly people talking with great authority about how much someone is paid. "He's on £X a week" how on earth can you know that?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Those who think they should get a replica shirt for their offspring regardless of whether or not they’ve missed the deadline date.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I’ll add fans of ALL teams who say “let’s just get X player/manager for £lowfee”.

Crumbs, why don’t the owners think of that?!

Villa fans: “let’s just get Potter”
Man Utd fans “let’s just get Caicedo for £40m”

Fans don’t set the prices or decide whether a player or manager wants to even join their club.

The worst thing is Brighton fans are doing it a lot too, nowadays. “Let’s just spend £40m and get a top quality striker who will get 25 goals a season”.

Football. Doesn’t. Work. Like. That.

I would like to see a post on here that demands we spend any amount for "a top quality striker who will get 25 goals a season" because I have no recollection of seeing such a ridiculous demand. I could have missed it of course which is why I'm asking to see it now.

Otherwise you are just making stuff up for the sake of it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ll add fans of ALL teams who say “let’s just get X player/manager for £lowfee”.

Crumbs, why don’t the owners think of that?!

Villa fans: “let’s just get Potter”
Man Utd fans “let’s just get Caicedo for £40m”

Fans don’t set the prices or decide whether a player or manager wants to even join their club.

The worst thing is Brighton fans are doing it a lot too, nowadays. “Let’s just spend £40m and get a top quality striker who will get 25 goals a season”.

Football. Doesn’t. Work. Like. That.
I didn’t get that yesterday, most fans are questioning what happens if Welbeck gets injured and why we sold Maupay if there wasn’t a replacement lined up. Your post is a bit Naylor like, bullshit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People who refer to Nottingham Forest as Notts Forest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Redknapp did that on Radio 5 last night.

I tittered.

OK, here are my gripes.

1. People who for years have been repeating the mantra that we should 'of' singed a striker, with the added insinuation that the reason we have not done this is a combination of stupidity, poor recruitment, unwillingness to spend and general shitness resulting from the club being owned and run by idiots. And when this folly is pointed out they just carry on and on.

2. People who quite happily rejoice when a VAR decision goes their way, then get all shouty when it goes the other way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would like to see a post on here that demands we spend any amount for "a top quality striker who will get 25 goals a season" because I have no recollection of seeing such a ridiculous demand. I could have missed it of course which is why I'm asking to see it now.

Otherwise you are just making stuff up for the sake of it.

Just trawl through bw2's posts. You'll need a stiff drink before and after, mind.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Any fan who describes a manager as being tactically naïve when the chances of their own tactical knowledge being greater than an ex professional player / manager and his associated team of advisers is zero.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Fans who state that they hate teams cheating without seeing that their own team cheat just as much as the opposition.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was about to join in this thread but then realised that almost everything I say out loud at a football match is likely to be wrong, or annoying, or both. Or simply facile. I can only apologise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Those who think they should get a replica shirt for their offspring regardless of whether or not they’ve missed the deadline date.

Yes, this. I'll add thinking that you know about a club and its culture when you've watched three seasons on line.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I didn’t get that yesterday, most fans are questioning what happens if Welbeck gets injured and why we sold Maupay if there wasn’t a replacement lined up. Your post is a bit Naylor like, bullshit.

My Palace mate who say's he had never seen Zaha dive or cheat???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My Palace mate who say's he had never seen Zaha dive or cheat???

Next time you see him, can you ask him to sign a copy of “Superstition”? Love Stevie.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bloke who sits in front of men that thinks the whole squad are *****, only seen him once, hoping it was a match day ticket

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The Palace attempts to rewrite history about the date they were founded despite everyone with any credibility and many of their own fans calling it out as total nonsense and a disservice to the actual founders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here