Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
El Watford no ha cerrado las negociaciones por el lateral izquierdo Pervis Estupiñán. A pesar de que el club anunció que contaría con el futbolista para la Championship (Segunda División) de Inglaterra todavía tiene propuestas desde el Villarreal y el Brighton & Hove Albion.

That’s easy for you to say

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My son said to me yesterday “Estupinan’s better than Cucurella”.

Simply “Yes” the reply.

After a couple of learning-curve games last summer, he’s the real deal, almost every week. Pace, great engine, solid defending and he repeatedly pops up upfield as a brilliant winger.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
First few games he looked a little slow in his use of the ball and so lost possession is dangerous places, but he has very quickly improved and got upto to the speed required. Very decent left back. To sell Cucurella, buy Estupinan, and have nearly £50m spare is insane.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He’s the left sided Lamptey (pre-injury) we craved

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
MoM for me yesterday.
That overload down the left wing, drawing defenders away from Mitoma.
Excellent passing game yesterday too.
Him and Mitoma were combining beautifully (helped by Lallana in particular pinging rapid passes between the lines) - Liverpool had no answer to it. TAA looked like a lost child at times.

As well as a better player, Pervis is a huge upgrade on Cucurella physically - he’s a beast.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Him and Mitoma were combining beautifully (helped by Lallana in particular pinging rapid passes between the lines) - Liverpool had no answer to it. TAA looked like a lost child at times.

As well as a better player, Pervis is a huge upgrade on Cucurella physically - he’s a beast.
Agreed. I'm glad a few other people noticed this. He and Mitoma are quite a pairing. He's also got the athleticism to track back when he needs to.

And when the play is on the other side, we have the upgraded Solly. We have suddenly become very potent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. I'm glad a few other people noticed this. He and Mitoma are quite a pairing. He's also got the athleticism to track back when he needs to.

And when the play is on the other side, we have the upgraded Solly. We have suddenly become very potent.
With Solly and Veltman or Gross on the right.

= Albion wings nirvana.

[Not so long ago Montoya, Bong, Suttner. Decent professionals, but way below the current lot].

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My word he's such a good player.

Funny that he replaced last season's PotS and has eclipsed him so quickly and yet he may struggle to make the Top 3 of this season's award.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He's been getting better and better as the season has gone on. Solid in defence, rarely gets beaten by a winger, and incredibly effective with his part in the attacking third. He made a few mistakes in his initial couple of games but seems to be someone who wont make the same mistake twice, simply learns from it and improves. Great signing.

Also, if you follow him on social media he is constantly in the gym doing core training, strength exercises, sprints, yoga etc etc. Obviously takes being an athlete very seriously.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's rapidly becoming one of my favourite players. He's not the most elegant of players, at times he can seem a bit all arms and legs, but he puts in an absolute shift every match, rarely makes a mistake, is excellent defending and a real attacking threat with his crosses. Probably the best crosser of the ball we've had since becoming a PL club.

6 assists so far this season (4 PL, 2 FA cup) although I'm sure he should have another one as it was his cross that lead to our third against Chelsea but assists don't appear to be credited when its an own goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here