Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán or Andy Robertson?

Who would you rather have as Albion's left-back?

• Pervis Estupiñán

Votes: 125 95.4%
  • And Robertson

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pervis Estupiñán makes' 90min's list of the 25 best left-backs in world football.

Premier League players in the list are...

24. Tyrick Mitchell
15. Jurrien Timber
12. Ben Chilwell
11. Pervis Estupiñán
10. Oleksandr Zinchenko
5. Luke Shaw
3. Andrew Robertson

So, who would you rather have as Albion's left-back - Estupiñán or Robertson?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's close, but i'd 100% have him over Shaw
I would too but maintain nevertheless that Shaw is a good player.

Just be thankful that Shaw is at Liverpool, Robertson at Liverpool and Chelsea probably want nothing to do with any of our players anymore - otherwise Pervis would be yet another Albion player being linked to a January move.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I would too but maintain nevertheless that Shaw is a good player.

Just be thankful that Shaw is at Liverpool, Robertson at Liverpool and Chelsea probably want nothing to do with any of our players anymore - otherwise Pervis would be yet another Albion player being linked to a January move.
Think you meant Shaw at ManU

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Robertson has 57 PL assists with brilliant crossing, at the same time he's an effective defender.
Trent 55
Trippier 25
Chilwell 18
Shaw 17

Estupinan's only just started his journey but he appears the match of any PL left back, 7 assists already and a good defender.

Probably nothing between Estupinan and Robertson just now.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is a bit of a difference between playing for us and playing for others as some of our recent departures are finding.

With us they have been congratulated for playing well and hyped (perhaps over hyped), flaws tend to get ignored. When the move has taken place they are expected to play well and are highlighted when they do not.

When we don't want to sell a player the price is set on the basis of a guy being on top of his game, like a golfer's handicap, a figure that is sometimes achieved, but quite often not! There are bound to be disappointments.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Robertson has lost his edge and some pace now, Shaw is so overrated, Zinchenko is decent, Chillwell would be higher if he wasn't made of spaghetti and what about Rico Henry?

Personally I wouldn't take anyone over Pervis.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I love Pervis and I'm soooo glad we've got him, but Andy Robertson has consistently proven himself to be one of, if not the best left backs in the world. He's won absolutely everything at Liverpool. He's only missed 17 PL games in six seasons. He's flawless and any side would be mad not to choose him if they could.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I love Pervis and I'm soooo glad we've got him, but Andy Robertson has consistently proven himself to be one of, if not the best left backs in the world. He's won absolutely everything at Liverpool. He's only missed 17 PL games in six seasons. He's flawless and any side would be mad not to choose him if they could.
Yep - particularly good pass to Bellingham last night.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Went with Robertson (yes, I know, bad fan), but normally Robertson is a reliable defender for Liverpool, and IMO stronger than Pervis in that respect. Pervis switches off a little sometimes when tracking back, see West Ham.

Pervis probably shades it going forward, but overall, not loads in it, and Robertson does cross a good ball.

Do I want Robertson in our team though? No. Pervis suits our style more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank you chaps. We'll see him struggling to cope with Solly March for Man Utd next week.
We won't. Well if we did, he definitely WOULD struggle - he's out for 10 weeks with a muscle injury.

March will be up against Reguilon, most likely.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Went with Robertson (yes, I know, bad fan), but normally Robertson is a reliable defender for Liverpool, and IMO stronger than Pervis in that respect. Pervis switches off a little sometimes when tracking back, see West Ham.

Pervis probably shades it going forward, but overall, not loads in it, and Robertson does cross a good ball.

Do I want Robertson in our team though? No. Pervis suits our style more.

I think RDZ could make great use of Robertson, he can play the game, he's a creative player. He certainly has far more pace (as a FB) than Gross or Milner, who RDZ's dabbled with as FB's.

It reminds of that brief Albion period watching the Ferrari of left backs Wayne Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here