Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I stand by this.

Percy was threatening when he came on tonight. Lots of pace, unpredictable and makes things happen. I continue to be baffled why he’s hardly featured.
I'm yet to be convinced he's that good, but I would like to see him get a few chances ahead of Jahanbakhsh. To be honest though, I wouldn't be worried if we moved both of them on in the summer (if anyone will take them). Worth the punt ............. maybe, but it was a huge punt in Jahanbakhsh's case. Something else to be put down to experience.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Always thought the same about Lingard when he was with us, whatever happened to him...?

Lingard was 17. Tau is supposed to be in the prime of his career at 27. Incompatible.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He was on for 20 mins and opened up the West Ham defence in that time.

Trossard did F all

I thought Trossard made loads of good runs to find pockets of space, picking the ball up repeatedly in dangerous areas. And then did F all.

Outcome is the same but there is a subtle difference when thinking about his overall contribution. Thought he was lucky to stay on when Ali J got the hook, though I suppose Ali's not played much - may have been a fitness thing.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Good energy from Percy when he came on, and nice assist. Would like to see some more from him against City & Arsenal.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great pass to Welbeck but apart from that several West Ham attacks were started by Percy unable to retain the ball

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Great pass to Welbeck but apart from that several West Ham attacks were started by Percy unable to retain the ball

The physicality of the Premier League takes some getting used to.

I'm sure Percy will acclimatise in time, much like Mac Allister had to.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Trossard’s indifferent form is a real worry. Second season in the PL, he’s so in and out of games, thought Jahanbakhsh outshone him today.

Now he’s in the Belgium squad for the Euro’s I expect him to put even less effort in over the next 2 games, hope I’m wrong.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Now he’s in the Belgium squad for the Euro’s I expect him to put even less effort in over the next 2 games, hope I’m wrong.

I agree with this. I doubt he will want to play and I don't think we should be playing him

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I love how the SA fans are just dining off that Percy assist.

“Coaches should use this clip around the world!”

[tweet]1393870676805799936[/tweet]

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not sure I'd fault his effort tbh, seemed to be popping up everywhere against WHU, just not very effective with the ball.

I'm not anti-Trossard, I think he's a decent player and I want us to keep him, but he definitely didn't have a good day at the office against West Ham.

Felt like most of his passes went straight to the opposition, in the first half especially it was almost constant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here