Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not even a footballer

Booooooooo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly didn't fancy a penalty, but can't imagine he'd have done worse than Trossard

My run up wouldn't be staggered.
I'd need to stop from a breather halfway and yet...

... No need to finish that sentence.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
I've watched him in the Belgian league a couple of times the last two seasons (against different Iranian players), and he isn't going to be the saviour some people think he is. A back up at the EPL level at best.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I've watched him in the Belgian league a couple of times the last two seasons (against different Iranian players), and he isn't going to be the saviour some people think he is. A back up at the EPL level at best.

So you watched him for a MAXIMUM of 120 minutes over 2 seasons and you are writing him off? Good job you are not our Chief Scout.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Did OK.

Was constantly in the sand pit part of the pitch, so hard to tell

Interesting he was behind Webby for the penalties

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Movement very good and always getting in pockets of space and showing for the pass. Good first touch as well early days but looked useful

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
My real concern, and it's long standing, is where he is going to play. You saw tonight EXACTLY how he has played in all the games I've seen in terms of his positional play. He starts wide, and drifts central. I think it stems from being the best player in the S African league and the national team. He takes a lot of responsibility in terms of demanding ball. A little like Grealish does for Villa. Tau probably doesn't come as deep as Grealish.
Wanting the ball is great, but he isn't at the kind of level of Grealish and we don't give players that kind of freedom. You can't afford to as a poor Premier League team.
He's not a striker, though he might have scored 3 goals from open play doing so this season instead of Maupay.
He doesn't have the guile of a genuine number ten.
He isn't an out and out winger, and we don't play with wingers.
So where does he play in our team?
I don't think he is going to be crap, by any means, but i just feel he is going to be another one of these attacking players who does a few things okay but doesn't really excel at anything.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
My real concerns, and they're long standing, are where he is going to play. You saw tonight EXACTLY how he has played in all the games I've seen in terms of his positional play. He starts wide, and drifts central. I think it stems from being the best player in the S African league and the national team. He takes a lot of responsibility in terms of demanding ball. A little like Grealish does for Villa. Tau probably doesn't come as deep as Grealish.
Wanting the ball is great, but he isn't at the kind of level of Grealish and we don't give players that kind of freedom. You can't afford to as a poor Premier League team.
He's not a striker, though he might have scored 3 goals from open play doing so this season instead of Maupay.
I don't think he is going to be crap, by any means, but i just feel he is going to be another one of these attacking players who does a few things okay but doesn't really excel at anything.

Assessment seems spot on

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Certainly has very good technique. Good movement. I just hope he can finish as he missed a sitter IMO.

Nice skill here:

[tweet]1348411095564873736[/tweet]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Certainly has very good technique. Good movement. I just hope he can finish as he missed a sitter IMO.

Nice skill here:

[tweet]1348411095564873736[/tweet]

Lovely touch

The lion looked at home in the sand today

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My real concern, and it's long standing, is where he is going to play. You saw tonight EXACTLY how he has played in all the games I've seen in terms of his positional play. He starts wide, and drifts central. I think it stems from being the best player in the S African league and the national team. He takes a lot of responsibility in terms of demanding ball. A little like Grealish does for Villa. Tau probably doesn't come as deep as Grealish.

Yup, he is difficult to place. A bit like Trossard.

Think he is mainly going to be some kind of impact sub this season, coming in with some pace and energy at stages and scenarios where positional discipline etc becomes less important. Hopefully he can fill that role a bit better than Ali J has.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Good start for him, looked like he could be a decent option. Finishing will need to improve though.

Great, just what we need. Another forward player who needs to improve his finishing :ffsparr:

Fwiw, I thought he looked decent. Tidy player - looking forward to seeing more of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here