Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He even has his own anointing oil. These would go down a storm in the club shop. Could be a real money spinner...

51qlPklchvL_1024x1024.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bang average isn't an option any more? It's Full house or Shitehouse.

How about this then:

Tau has appeared 79 times in the last two and a half seasons and been directly involved in 43 goals (21 goals, 22 assists). On average he has recorded a goal involvement every 130 minutes.

Happy with that:thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
How about this then:

Tau has appeared 79 times in the last two and a half seasons and been directly involved in 43 goals (21 goals, 22 assists). On average he has recorded a goal involvement every 130 minutes.

No pressure then :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
How about this then:

Are we allowed a 'Royal flush' ?

Look forward to seeing him do the business. Although as we keep getting reminded, players from Netherlands are not up to PL standard :mad::eek:

who knows.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
How about this then:

three seasons in Belgium: 79 appearances/ 21 goals; 5' 9" ; £2.7mill.

Maybe good things come in modest packages.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
People need to readjust their expectations I think.
Most of those goals were at a level that is, quite frankly, way below anything any of our current squad will have played at (and our fifth choice left back is currently playing in). And his last international goals were against São Tomé and Príncipe.
He was outshone at Anderlect by Lukas Nmecha. Who you might not have heard of, but played in England, and scored 0 goals last season at Middlesborough.
I'm not saying Tau is rubbish, he looks very exciting. But this thread is starting to feel very similar to the Ali J and I really think it best we just reign it in a bit.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Every country in the EU has to accept unlimited numbers of migrants from other EU nations (i.e. freedom of movement) but are free to decide on their own immigration policies for non-EU nationals, like Tau.

Prior to Brexit, we had an immigration policy for non-EU nationals that was tougher than Belgium's. That's why Tau could go to Belgium and play there, but couldn't play here.

As others have said above when we left the EU we had to re-write our immigration policy to also factor in our attitude to EU nationals. As a part of that re-write the rules were changed for all foreign nationals and that has benefited us as Tau passes the new criteria.

It was always UK government policy preventing Tau coming here, nothing to do with rules imposed by the EU.

Thanks Husty

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
People need to readjust their expectations I think.
Most of those goals were at a level that is, quite frankly, way below anything any of our current squad will have played at (and our fifth choice left back is currently playing in). And his last international goals were against São Tomé and Príncipe.
He was outshone at Anderlect by Lukas Nmecha. Who you might not have heard of, but played in England, and scored 0 goals last season at Middlesborough.
I'm not saying Tau is rubbish, he looks very exciting. But this thread is starting to feel very similar to the Ali J and I really think it best we just reign it in a bit.

Absolutely this. Now, I'm expecting two goals every three games???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here