Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People with BO .....How would you deal with it?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I do manage someone with this problem, and the first conversation he had with a manager was handled badly and caused further anxiety making it worse. Add that to the lynx set secret Santa he got every year and you have someone who knows about it and would do something about it of he could.

I just had a nice conversation about it, and turned out to be a bad reaction to body cleaning products meaning only water was used. We looked at alternatives.

He now has a shower when he gets to the office each day, which makes it a lot better.

I'd suggest having a nice word about it to avoid him clamming up. There are plenty of things he can do he probably isn't aware of.

Suggest Milk of Magnesia to him, available (minty flavour) from Boots - recommended when travelling by a Brazilian I met. It works .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
casual racism alert"

Is this also a foreign issue. The only real issue I have had was on the train in the mornings and it tended to be foreign devils who stink. Certainly eastern Europeans were the main culprits. One young lady was so bad, she had a gap around her and the tube was absolutely rammed......

I never understand when people do not spray themselves, yes there is always the medical condition, but I am not sure if some people think it is somehow attractive....the natural smell?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
casual racism alert"

Is this also a foreign issue. The only real issue I have had was on the train in the mornings and it tended to be foreign devils who stink. Certainly eastern Europeans were the main culprits. One young lady was so bad, she had a gap around her and the tube was absolutely rammed......

I never understand when people do not spray themselves, yes there is always the medical condition, but I am not sure if some people think it is somehow attractive....the natural smell?

All relative. Whatever is your norm is less noticeable, I guess.

In the Vietnam war, the Vietcong said they could smell the Americans from a long distance away because of their diet. I bet most Brits in the same situation would not have been able to do this.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It depends also on whether its a new phenomenon or if the person has always been stinky.
I was line manager to a young lad who began to smell pretty bad. Others in the office mentioned it to me and so I decided a short walk for a chat was in order. I didn't directly mention the bad BO, but asked first if things were ok generally with him.
It turned out he was in a downward spiral of debt and had got mixed up with a bad bunch away from work.
At the end of the chat he seemed better for having talked about it and I was able to mention the hygiene issues which then improved markedly.
What he'd omitted to tell me was that things has already gone too far with the bad bunch and he was removed from the office one day by police officers investigating an armed robbery. I never saw him again and often wonder what became of him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We had a Nigerian lad at school who used to stink the place out in the height of summer. One day a few lads, balaclava'd up and armed with cans of Sure, grabbed him and sprayed him head to foot. They were in and out of that classroom in 15 seconds flat, it was like watching an SAS raid executed to perfection.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
We had a Nigerian lad at school who used to stink the place out in the height of summer. One day a few lads, balaclava'd up and armed with cans of Sure, grabbed him and sprayed him head to foot. They were in and out of that classroom in 15 seconds flat, it was like watching an SAS raid executed to perfection.

Such a merry jape. Oh how the Nigerian lad must have laughed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Such a merry jape. Oh how the Nigerian lad must have laughed.

It was 1985. Racism didn't exist then. And anyway, this was the sort of BO that you could TASTE, that made you GAG.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was told by a very very wise old Sister who was one of my lecturers at Uni whilst Nurse training that you should always take someone to one side and be very
polite and tell them, so as to stop others bullying them and be littleing them.
Always worked for me !!!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Here we go...

One guy at work has really bad BO.....TBH he stinks....( also bad breath but thats another story)

One of the guys said to him...." Jeez you smell...have you had a wash today?" now he has been reported for bullying..

How do you deal with someone who is a shower dodger?

Beat him to within an inch of his life with a rubber hose.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We had a teacher at school called Mr O'Meara who had the sort of BO that left a trail after he'd graced us with his presence. We called him Smelly Bo Smeara.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I used to stink of BO by the end of the day last summer in my gardening job when it was very warm and I was well aware of the fact. I did apologise for it and as soon as I switched from Lynx body spray to roll-on deodorant, I've never had any problems.

Everyone's different and everyone has their own natural smell. Some people stink badly at football matches as well! :thumbsup:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Sweat is one thing, but stinking of piss is worse.
I work with one lad who must not wash his clobber often. Nicest blokebut...pheeeew!
We work with girls too, but I'm hoping someone else will tell him.

I wonder too about very obese people, how they even reach to sort personal hygeine?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here