Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] People who clap off an Albion player for rightly being sent off

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still can’t believe how many people in WSU didn’t think it was red and had a go at people giving Knockaert a bit of shit for it

It was a terrible tackle in a nothing part of the pitch. Dare I say it was frustration for giving the ball away for their goal just before it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Viewing position matters a lot and the clappers may have not seen it right either.

As I'm on the east side of the North Stand, it was almost bang in front of me. Everyone round me had a clear view but that didn't stop people booing the ref and clapping Knocky Don't ask me why: the challenge was a shocker, it looked awful in real time and it was a clear a red as you're likely to see. Do people leave their brains at home or something?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
1- Fans that didn't see the foul.
2-Fans that wear blue and white tinted glasses
3-Fans that know f*** all about football
4- Fans that clap for the sake of clapping.
5-Fans that are a bit thick.

1.I saw the foul..2.I`m Brighton but dislike any foul play..3.I know quite a bit about Football..4.I don`t clap for the sake of it...5.Imagine on NSC I`m one of the less thick.

I gave Knocky a cursory clap. IMO he is very committed , gets frustrated with himself and others. Do all you moaners believe he did what was we all agree a straight red tackle on purpose. No he went in for a tackle and got it all wrong !!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And Ashley Barnes when he tripped the ref at Bolton (I think) - there wasn't long to go, and it was so entertaining it was well worthy of applause!

He didn't trip the referee. The referee said he did but that's different. He caught the referee's heel as he turned towards Wayne Bridge but the ref only stumbled half a step forwards, and didn't fall over.
Those of us that we're there were completely perplexed as to what the card was for, thinking it was maybe for swearing, which would've been more believable.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1.I saw the foul..2.I`m Brighton but dislike any foul play..3.I know quite a bit about Football..4.I don`t clap for the sake of it...5.Imagine on NSC I`m one of the less thick.

I gave Knocky a cursory clap. IMO he is very committed , gets frustrated with himself and others. Do all you moaners believe he did what was we all agree a straight red tackle on purpose. No he went in for a tackle and got it all wrong !!

I posted this to answer the first question asked by the OP.
I didn't actually clap BTW.

I wasn't close enough to see what exactly happened, I did actually think it was a mistimed tackle at the time, obviously the ref was in a good position to make a judgement.

I haven't seen a replay of the incident yet, but Chris Hughton did blank AK as he went off the pitch.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
. Do all you moaners believe he did what was we all agree a straight red tackle on purpose. No he went in for a tackle and got it all wrong !!

Just seen a replay.

Straight red all day long, horrible tackle and not sure what was going through his head, totally lost the plot there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here