Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] People who clap off an Albion player for rightly being sent off

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was outraged that he was clapped. He should be very ashamed and I’m delighted he will not play again for 3 games (at least) really poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Why don't you like ak?

well for starters, he is not a team player as showed today. as others have said, he is not consistent. VERY selfish. Lets his emotions get the best of him which is not always the best thing for THE team. I do not think he should be a lock for the right Mid position and imo i think we have better options in Ali j. mock me if you like but with time youll see what im talking about.
I appreciate everything AK has done for us in the championship but we need to move on from him IMO.

Edit- Also a defendive liability.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Happened more or less in front of us in the North. In real time, it looked very much like the Bmuff player was travelling at speed out towards the touchline, Knocky just clipped him and the player's forward momentum sent him crashing out. Certainly looked to make a bit of a meal of it once he'd gone to ground, maybe just a bit out of puff. Not seen any replays yet tho, so may well be wrong.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Happened more or less in front of us in the North. In real time, it looked very much like the Bmuff player was travelling at speed out towards the touchline, Knocky just clipped him and the player's forward momentum sent him crashing out. Certainly looked to make a bit of a meal of it once he'd gone to ground, maybe just a bit out of puff. Not seen any replays yet tho, so may well be wrong.

You’ll change your mind when you see it later. Wasn’t a tackle it was just reckless

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Happened in front of us in the NS and lots of people were berating the B’muff player and the ref. ???

People either stupid or need to take the blue and whit specs off.

Mind you most of those complaining did not stick around til the end.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Like you, i’ll wait until the replay, but it looked reckless and late from my position in the NS.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

From where I was sitting - you are wrong. I haven’t seen any replays either, but was certain it was red as soon as he did it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From where I was sitting - you are wrong. I haven’t seen any replays either, but was certain it was red as soon as he did it.

In the absence of VAR (and any serious input from the linesman?) then the ref probably had little option but to send Knocky off. Definitely one that needs to be seen again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Didn't have a clear view so reserving comment until I have seen it again.

I do have to speak up for AK though because, despite his faults, and he has them, he is one of a very few of our players who plays with passion and enthusiasm in just about every game. It seems to matter to him whereas most of the others look like they just don't give a shit. No passion. No energy. No commitment.

Yes, he can be very selfish but look what's around him. He hasn't got much of a choice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1- Fans that didn't see the foul.
2-Fans that wear blue and white tinted glasses
3-Fans that know f*** all about football
4- Fans that clap for the sake of clapping.
5-Fans that are a bit thick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely by this logic, you also clap Brighton scoring own goals?
You nearly got away with that.

Of course I'd clap an own goal, at the moment I'd clap any shot on target.

The actual news is there were FAR LESS people today applauding a red carded player off than I’ve seen in recent times

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Everton (away) last season. I really thought he’d learned his lesson after that incident - I was wrong.

He will never learn.
He has been allowed to make critical mistake after critical mistake at this level but has been indulged by manager and fans. He is a walking liability. He refuses to adjust his style to PL demands, continually overplays and regularly loses the ball.
Championship player at best. Lets get rid now and find a more solid, more consistent replacement. Leicester were right. They said he wasn't good enough at this level and they were right. Two or three cameos a season is simply not enough and is more than offset by the string of critical mistakes he makes.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He will never learn.
He has been allowed to make critical mistake after critical mistake at this level but has been indulged by manager and fans. He is a walking liability. He refuses to adjust his style to PL demands, continually overplays and regularly loses the ball.
Championship player at best. Lets get rid now and find a more solid, more consistent replacement. Leicester were right. They said he wasn't good enough at this level and they were right. Two or three cameos a season is simply not enough and is more than offset by the string of critical mistakes he makes.

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post but, Championship player 'at best'?

He absolutely destroyed that division and won PotS. I think we can comfortably say he is a Championship player 'at worst' :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here