Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Never a pen. No one could figure out what it is was for and having now seen the footage I am still clueless. A real shame as we were the better team and deserved the win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I can just see Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson saying, "never mind lad, I pay you £x a week but we all make mistakes". Lets grow a pair eh and stop treating our team like children. He fcked up and cost us 2 points. Idiotic challenge and I bloody hope the manager told him to get the train home and think about it. That was one of the worst bits of decision making on a football field that you can do. The Derby player was going absolutely nowhere and he dives in, legs everywhere and gives away a stupid soft penalty. Idiot.

Ah..'soft' I'd agree with that...idiot ...nope

PS CH is not Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough

Feb 14, 2010
Ah..'soft' I'd agree with that...idiot ...nope

PS CH is not Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough

But I ecpect that you would agree that he and every manager could learn from them. It was completely idiotic decision to dive in. The Derby player was going nowhere. Clough would have had his guts for garters for that stupidity. Lets call it how it is eh.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But I ecpect that you would agree that he and every manager could learn from them. It was completely idiotic decision to dive in. The Derby player was going nowhere. Clough would have had his guts for garters for that stupidity. Lets call it how it is eh.

There are other successful managers who have different styles ...CH does things his way...anyway u got PMT?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You seem even angrier than last time i was on here a few hours ago. Just accept that we are f***ing brilliant and let it go. Your blood pressure will thank you :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
There are other successful managers who have different styles ...CH does things his way...anyway u got PMT?

No mate, I;m just competitive and a little bit toirted of the acceptance of failure that comes with being a Brighton fan. It was an idiotic challenge and he should be told so, and / or dropped.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
User Name

It wasn't a challenge - he was trying to block it.

Weak penalty.

I'm in this school of thought. How often do we see players taken out by a sliding defender after they've had a shot. It's unavoidable sometimes. If he's consistent with that decision, he'll be giving a couple of penalties every week. Or maybe not - seeing as he completely ignored Wilson being shoved over with no attempt to play the ball in the first half.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It wasn't a challenge - he was trying to block it.

Weak penalty.

Problem was that in trying to block he took the back leg. Iwelumo was certain it was a pen on Football League a Tonight, I think it was a pen, though unlucky. TBH, think Dunk was slightly fortunate to get away with handball earlier. Derby players appealed and seen them given.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Watching football league show, he never even touched the ****!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you give that you give 5 a game. Exactly the same as Dunk at Burnley - no consistency. Also worth noting that all the players (including Derby) started to run up the pitch assuming the refs whistle was for an Albion free kick. Also Derby players didn't / Barely appealed which often tells a lot...

I've only seen it on 2 angles and indeed didn't realise it was for that at all at first but the 2nd angle suggests there may not have even been any contact? He was trying to block the ball as all defenders do and his momentum took him towards their bloke after. Crazy decision and almost certainly cost a 3 point swing our way in the promotion race. Lee Mason = homer today. We would never have got that decision there last min - no way...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watching football league show, he never even touched the ****!!

I'm thinking the same the angle behind the goal seems to show no contact at all - so he's just slid in to try and block the cross ...!!!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm thinking the same the angle behind the goal seems to show no contact at all - so he's just slid in to try and block the cross ...!!!!!!!

Russell landed right in front of us, and I didn't think there was any contact. I couldn't believe it when the ref pointed to the spot.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
oh come on, he slid through the guy after the ball was gone. the only reason it might not have been given was the fact it was in the area... by which i mean the ref may have been given pause to think about the actual effect on play and whether or not the situation warranted a penalty. literally anywhere else on the field and that is a free kick and no one questions the decision. in some situations, some refs may not have given it but to claim it was a terrible decision and that the ref cost us two points is a little ridiculous.

It was a terrible decision and the "ref" cost us 2 points.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Didn't touch him. If he had, would it even have been in the box?. I.e. it was off the pitch. Not sure how the rules work for a foul past the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here