Votes: 26 9.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 241 90.3%

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It would have been a free kick to Southampton, see Welbeck earlier in the second half just outside their box

Remember it well...cant for the life of me think why that was a free kick...ref was one of those irritating wankers all night long

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not a penalty. It says in the rule book - word for word - "if it doesnt happen in the penalty area, there is no madda****ing penalty, capish?"

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s gotten to the point that the minute it ‘goes upstairs’ you know it will be overturned. Goes to some officious little t*** who was never any good at sports at school and has been sat on his a*** for 80 minutes drinking tea and he gets to feel like the big man for a few minutes. Ruining the game, time to bin it (and I thought the same about the Liverpool pen to be honest).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whoever says yes [emoji23]but there are a few on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said yes, because it was given.

And I smell Palace.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Mr Ings is a very lucky boy (and he knows it).

Kyle Walker-Peters is a magnificent athlete. To get that much elevation and forward momentum, superb. 9.9 from me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a penalty. It says in the rule book - word for word - "if it doesnt happen in the penalty area, there is no madda****ing penalty, capish?"

The decision is made by the referee.

It would have helped had he looked at the footage.

Blame the rubric :shrug:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
If the ref had reviewed it, I would have accepted it either way... his opinion, that's his job.

Why didn't he?

And the experience in the ground when this is going on, and the replay they showed on the screen were utter shit. I have been watching football for over 50 years, and this is close to killing it for me.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I said yes, because it was given.

And I smell Palace.

I smell a licker the ref gave a foul for the initial contact which was outside
Var said 2nd contact was inside so what happened about the initial contact and I thought decisions we going to be given back to refs so why didn’t A he say the initial contact is what I’ve given a foul for or B gone over to screen to see for himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My issue is (...again) more that it wasn’t clear and obvious either way. Should be refs decision in those instances - and YES I’d be saying that if he’d given the pen originally.

As soon as you’ve had to roll back and forward over a replay in slo-mo more than 3 times, it’s not clear and obvious - at which point VAR immediately becomes not fit for purpose (the purpose being spotting and rectifying howlers).

Genuinely, make something like that the rule - 3 slo-mo replays allowed, if still inconclusive, stays with onfield decision. Very simple.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
If the ref had reviewed it, I would have accepted it either way... his opinion, that's his job.

Why didn't he?

And the experience in the ground when this is going on, and the replay they shows on the screen were utter shit. I have been watching football for over 50 years, and this is close to killing it for me.

Yes.
The ref is surely the main person in charge?
If it's his desicion he should go and look for himself, especially as VAR are effectively contesting his original desicion.
If it was me I would be thinking"FFS I have given a free kick,why are those var twats getting involved,they are not even in the ground.i had better go and look at the screen so I can put them straight"
Surely at the very least he should have some professional pride or confidence in his desicion making.
I guess this will be the future,the end of professional refereeing.all that is needed is someone to stop play so VAR can decide the next course of action.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The decision was made by a referee!!!

And that's why. Ahem. Let me adjust my raiment, momentarily.

The referee's a :wanker:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Still haven’t had an explanation as to why we have VAR and yet still get the wring decisions from these clowns.

The fact that we were poor again tonight is more worrying. We showed some ability some of the time, but could you honestly say we deserved anything from this performance?

We don’t play with any conviction or belief. I’m convinced there is a good side in there that wants to play well but we lack something. We are better than we have shown this evening. Connolly isn’t prem level though, and Webster needs a rest. Ryan doesn’t inspire the defenders, hence why we are conceding so easily.
Fix these issues and I can see us improving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here