Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalties!!!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Watching the replay of the penalty, I don't think Barnes had a clue what he was doing on the rebound. He just panicked and managed to scuff his shot right at Bogdan.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many times do you hear commentators talking about text book shots across the keeper? It's text book because if you aim your shot at the point that the keeper is diving away from he is usually less likely to save it than if you shoot at the part of the goal he is diving toward.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Where would we be if converted all our pens this year

4th - lost a point at Leicester, and 2 each home to Leeds and today. would be on 33 and very much in the hunt for top two.

To be fair, 100% is unrealistic even out of 6 but 50% is not good enough. Strange that we had the same problem two seasons ago - from memory was about 50% conversion rate then with Muzza missing a shitload.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How many times do you hear commentators talking about text book shots across the keeper? It's text book because if you aim your shot at the point that the keeper is diving away from he is usually less likely to save it than if you shoot at the part of the goal he is diving toward.

Can you point us in the direction of the quotes as above that relate to penalties??????

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can you point us in the direction of the quotes as above that relate to penalties??????

It wasn't the penalty I'm referring to, it was the open play shot that followed the penalty.

But it isn't any different to the people who say hit a penalty down the middle because the keeper will dive one way or the other - i.e. hit itat the place he is laving not the place he is heading to.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
never trusted Albion with pens....ever since wendy put one over the north stand roof after freezing my moobs off..fulham fa cup about 1996 i think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here