Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pearson to Derby not good

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I still think Villa could go either way next season, a full squad rebuild comes with risks and Di Matteo has a fairly sketchy track record. However Pearson at Derby is another thing, they already have a good squad and now have a proper manager. They will be in the promotion mix.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll take more than 1 transfer window to sort out Villa.

Next season is the year to worry, but is this new owner really a sort of Chinese 'fake sheikh'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll take more than 1 transfer window to sort out Villa.
Yet you support a team which for the last 2 seasons has contained:-

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Greer
Stephens
Lua-Lua
March
Baldock

Calderon
Kayal for half.

In the space of one transfer window, we went from winning 10 (ten) games all season to 21 games unbeaten.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Greer
Stephens
Lua-Lua
March
Baldock

Calderon
Kayal for half.

In the space of one transfer window, we went from winning 10 (ten) games all season to 21 games unbeaten.
Yes, and still fell just short in the end.

Also Hughton had half a season before that window to assess the squad and plan for the summer.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Greer
Stephens
Lua-Lua
March
Baldock

Calderon
Kayal for half.

The inference being that the players weren't necessarily the problem. Can't say that about Aston Villa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The inference being that the players weren't necessarily the problem. Can't say that about Aston Villa.
True but then again, Villa will have money (one way or another), there will be a core of decent players, a manager that has gained promotion from the division, with an experienced assistant.

My point is writing off Villa for being poor last season and expecting more of the same this year, is foolish.
Esp when supporting a team that was incredibly poor last season but turned it all around mainly due to money being spent and a manager that has gained promotion from the division, with an experienced assistant.

Fingers crossed they and/or Newcastle will struggle under the pressure to succeed.
But with managers who have been there done that, before the chances of their promotion charges faltering just got a little less likely.

Pearson on the other hand, may well have freed up a place!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
True but then again, Villa will have money (one way or another), there will be a core of decent players, a manager that has gained promotion from the division, with an experienced assistant.

My point is writing off Villa for being poor last season and expecting more of the same this year, is foolish.
Esp when supporting a team that was incredibly poor last season but turned it all around mainly due to money being spent and a manager that has gained promotion from the division, with an experienced assistant.

Fingers crossed they and/or Newcastle will struggle under the pressure to succeed.
But with managers who have been there done that, before the chances of their promotion charges faltering just got a little less likely.

Pearson on the other hand, may well have freed up a place!

ere, this ere geezer don arf talk some sense!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Villa, Newcastle, Derby, Norwich and Wednesday to battle for the top 2, I'd be delighted with top 6, we can't compete with those budgets, plus there will always be one or two of the parachuters go mental, Fulham might go all in, Leeds might spend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Villa, Newcastle, Derby, Norwich and Wednesday to battle for the top 2, I'd be delighted with top 6, we can't compete with those budgets, plus there will always be one or two of the parachuters go mental, Fulham might go all in, Leeds might spend.

Don't agree.

Top 4 to be Newcastle, Norwich, Derby and Albion.

Get a decent striker in and we'll be Top 2.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's good news for them and Villa. Some good news for us soon would be good at least to balance it out and help morale. Don't want to keep hearing what's good news for others.

I think the opposite might be true.

I think like BG does that the players they have are fairly decent but Tim Sherwood is in the same vein of a Manager as Pearson and I actually think the players turned against Sherwood and his arrogant style of management. By the time other Managers came in they had developed a losing mentality.

They won't be a bad side in the Championship but the players need a confidence building manager as opposed to a disciplinarian and if they are alienated again and they ''down tools'' on Pearson early on then they could find themselves playing ''catch up''.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't agree.

Top 4 to be Newcastle, Norwich, Derby and Albion.

Get a decent striker in and we'll be Top 2.

Redmond has just rejected a new contract at Norwich and more will follow out of the door there. And their recruitment under CH was good but since he left their recruitment has been awful. Just a pity that Johnny Howson is contracted up until 2019. Would love to be able to snap him up for Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here