Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pearson to Derby not good

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
They have the nucleus of a good side and good players dont become bad overnight just lose their focus.

As proven by they defiant resistance to relegation right up to the last day, oh wait. They will need a couple of years to rebuild from top to bottom.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Surely this just means that Derby, a team I assume everyone is expecting to be challenging/in the playoffs next year, are going to be either challenging or in the playoffs? I don't see what's changed, Pearson is a good manager but they were hardly shocking this year as it is...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To know that one or more of Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal and Stockdale are definitely staying. Or confirmation of one or more signings, perhaps. The usual things.

I thought from day 1 that Villa looked good for promotion just needed a strict no nonsense manager, which they have now appointed so will be a threat.

Can I suggest the pair of you buy a calendar based on the football season rather than the normal Jan - December one?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There are going to be a lot of good clubs - same as always in the Championship - and, given the uneven playing field, it's hard to ever be confident about finishing in the top two. But we have one sizeable advantage if we keep the team together and add a little bit more quality - the chance of a flying start. With a side that knows all about the division and which has no need to 'gel', the opportunity would be there to be off the blocks like a shot in August and September and stacking up points while the likes of Villa, Newcastle, Derby et al adjust to new managers or new circumstances. A few more wins than draws this time and it could make all the difference.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
June 2nd and the first moan about not signing anyone :lol: :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought from day 1 that Villa looked good for promotion just needed a strict no nonsense manager, which they have now appointed so will be a threat.

Do you HONESTLY think that the team that just completely stank the Premier League out for an entire season from start to finish, and got relegated by a MILE with barely a whimper, just needs a manager who will wag his finger at them and it'll all fall into place ? Bearing in mind they stayed up by the skin of their teeth the year before.

Wow!

And even if that was "all they needed", I'd hardly have Di Matteo down as a hairdryer. More a soft mediterranean breeze.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
To know that one or more of Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal and Stockdale are definitely staying. Or confirmation of one or more signings, perhaps. The usual things.

They're under contract. What makes you think that they're going?

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
They're under contract. What makes you think that they're going?

I didn't say that I think they're going, and it's great that they're under contract. Being under contract doesn't guarantee staying, though. The club has been doing everything right for a while now, but we all know what a rollercoaster BHA is and will want to see the momentum continuing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I didn't say that I think they're going, and it's great that they're under contract. Being under contract doesn't guarantee staying, though. The club has been doing everything right for a while now, but we all know what a rollercoaster BHA is and will want to see the momentum continuing.
Good post.

It would be great to see extended contracts announced for Kayal and Stephens, and maybe even one giving Knockaert a 4th year :rock:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's good news for them and Villa. Some good news for us soon would be good at least to balance it out and help morale. Don't want to keep hearing what's good news for others.

So Derby and Villa have a new manager (and in Villa's case also have new owners). We have an owner who is a supporter and has backed the club massively financially and a manager who was voted the best in the division last season (and recently extended his contract). All this good news for other clubs just takes them to level with us in that sense, not ahead of us so I don't understand your concern.

el punal

That's good news for them and Villa. Some good news for us soon would be good at least to balance it out and help morale. Don't want to keep hearing what's good news for others.

Why don't you go on holiday for a nice break, come back relaxed and refreshed and then you won't have to worry about this load of inconsequential cobblers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here