Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Peacehaven is shit. On the plus side, Mr. Bean was filmed there when he went to the beach. There is this lovely house which has been decorated to say 'murder house' having some relation to the unsolved murder of Katrina Taylor.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Peacehaven in next to the sea, has a short walk to some of the most beautiful countryside in the county, has quick bus links into Brighton, a short hop to a channel port, a half-decent shopping centre, smaller shops along the front.

To some of the country it would be be Shangri-la.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Is there still a pub there called something along the lines of the "good companion" Only time i've managed to end up in a fight without trying. Four of us on the pool table some lad come up sticks a quid down we finish game he comes back and claims we've nicked his quid. Squares up to me giving it the big one bearing in mind he's considerably larger than me i'm only 5,8 and not exactly well built so i take a step back half guessing what he's about to d. He tries to headbut me misses, so i just grabbed a pool cue and cracked him straight across the nose, blood everywhere, four of us walked out past a few dodgy feckers at the bar just as we are leaving the pub one of mates turn round and says "we are Worthing you inbred cnuts" no idea what possesed him to say this, twat.To which about three pint glasses came whizzing past our heads................ Dodgy fecking place i can't even remember why we had even ended up in there. To answer your question there is nothing to do in Peacehaven unless you don't want your front teeth in your mouth.

That sounded like a weekly occurrence until the whole place was revamped and new owners took over. Still the usual suspects that go there but the violence has certainly been less over the last 9 months or so.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Does he really live there? Surely not?

Peacehaven is one of those places I would rather move away from Brighton than live in. I appreciate it's expensive to live in Brighton and I can definitely see myself in one of its nearby towns or areas one day, but I'd rather go 10 or 20 miles away than live in an absolute shitpit like Peacehaven, Newhaven, Whitehawk etc.

Peacehaven is fine, it is near enough to Brighton and therefore not really ever evolving its own identity.

You live there whilst doing your living in Brighton.

It has its own blandness for sure, but on a good day overlooking the channel from the clifftops it outplays many of the self proclaimed 'nice places to live' by a long way.

I dont live there, but am there a bit, it is just fine.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Not that keen on Peacehaven, it always strikes me as very bleak. But on the plus side at least you'd never see total fukwads like tcb.

Try the pub that time forgot - The Dewdrop. Original paint and nicotine!

indeed, I've lived in many places in Brighton, Hove, Portslade and Worthing, I'm very happy where I am now in my detached property that would cost twice as much in Brighton, a sea view, a very low crime rate,quiet evenings, lovely walks over the Tye or along the cliffs, plenty of nice parks for the kids to play and mighty fine Indian restaurants, It's a hot bed for Albion support but hey, continue to post your smart arse comments, but give us a rough idea of how long you actually lived here and where you live now (unless it's Porta Banus or Beverly Hills) so we can have the right to reply

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
indeed, I've lived in many places in Brighton, Hove, Portslade and Worthing, I'm very happy where I am now in my detached property that would cost twice as much in Brighton, a sea view, a very low crime rate,quiet evenings, lovely walks over the Tye or along the cliffs, plenty of nice parks for the kids to play and mighty fine Indian restaurants, It's a hot bed for Albion support but hey, continue to post your smart arse comments, but give us a rough idea of how long you actually lived here and where you live now (unless it's Porta Banus or Beverly Hills) so we can have the right to reply

I agree ...... I am guessing most are forming their view from the main road strip and the Good Companions Pub, both admittedly quite stark and uninspiring.

But if anyone bothered to venture to the south of the coast road then you have wonderful clifftop views. or to the north of the town, where you will find some impressive and quirky properties and endless countryside.

I think I might actually move there ............

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We lived in Tollgate , off Heathy Brow for a couple of years before moving up to Crap Town. The amenities are OK when compared to some places elsewhere and is ideal for commuting into Brighton. When we return to Sussex now the kids have left we can only look at Newhaven and Peacehaven as nearest to Brighton which is affordable.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Does he really live there? Surely not?

Peacehaven is one of those places I would rather move away from Brighton than live in. I appreciate it's expensive to live in Brighton and I can definitely see myself in one of its nearby towns or areas one day, but I'd rather go 10 or 20 miles away than live in an absolute shitpit like Peacehaven, Newhaven, Whitehawk etc.

Could you not go further than 20 miles??
Plenty of worse places to live than Peacehaven mate and ive lived in several areas of Brighton, its suburbs and Hove.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have lived in Peacehaven all my life and split my time between here and Luton. Trust me these people slagging off Peacehaven go and live in Luton for a few years that tell me which place is better.

People just don't know how lucky they are to live next to the sea. Fresh air, space. We are all very lucky.

Peacehaven positives, 15 mins from Brighton, 45 mins for Gatwick, 5 mins from Newhaven and the ferry to France. 5 mins from the sea, 10 mins to the downs.

Last edited by a moderator:

We lived in Tollgate , off Heathy Brow for a couple of years before moving up to Crap Town. The amenities are OK when compared to some places elsewhere and is ideal for commuting into Brighton. When we return to Sussex now the kids have left we can only look at Newhaven and Peacehaven as nearest to Brighton which is affordable.

many years ago were you involved in a fanzine? Tollgate rings a bell, It would have been not long after Gulls Eye, If so what happened to it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here