Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven & Newhaven here are the plans for all the new homes

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Whatever happened to the big water park which was planned to be built there?

D

Deleted member 22389

I think I'm right in saying that the ferry is the busiest it's been in many years.

I believe it is the French that are funding this operation, which is why you will find French staff employed on the boats. The port needs complete redevelopment otherwise the Ferry could eventually go again.
Newhaven to Dieppe could be such a profitable route again. Dieppe sorted their port years ago, Newhaven port is still crumbling.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think I'm right in saying that the ferry is the busiest it's been in many years.

glad to hear that

on the rare occasion I do drive to England,sadly these days I use the tunnel because it works out cheaper,although I spend more time on the road

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There are still 11 if you include the ones in South Heighton. The hope and the ark are great... and yes there is a new pub, if a Brewer's Fayre counts.

Harveys is still planning to reopen the bridge but there are planning issues.

Brewers Fayre/ The Drove must have been there over 20 years.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whatever happened to the big water park which was planned to be built there?

I can't believe some people in Newhaven thought this was going to happen, I think the Newhaven Chamber of Commerce got very excited about it.
This was never going to happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are still 11 if you include the ones in South Heighton. The hope and the ark are great... and yes there is a new pub, if a Brewer's Fayre counts.

Thanks. Sad to know The Sheffield is going. I had my first pint in there. The Arc was also a regular of mine in my teen years. My first , and only, visit to The Hope was about 9 years. Really nice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Newhaven has never recovered from Cloud 9 closing, sad times ......................

I have many fond memories of Newhaven. Cloud 9 isn't one of them.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

is the Flying Fish still going?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Dieppe's a lovely little port town now and very welcoming to the relatively few English that visit nowadays, very different to the old stag do days when the ships met the train and French barman used to fart in your beer

I really like Dieppe,the old port was superb basically sailing into the town centre

the seacat that ran in the 90's was great with the 2 hour crossing

Jan 30, 2008
shame to read all this,the Bridge is closed!

my old local The Crown has gone,now the Sheffield

a bit of old newhaven trivia for you,they used to have a stripper in the old Railway Tavern of a Friday afternoon

that was the old pub down at Newhaven harbour train station
yeah, all the Bevan funnel boys used to get in there ???
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
no, especially for the lad that got thrown down the fire escape and died :nono:
regards
DR

I was aware of that, but my post wasnt in reference to that tragedy.

I think the club had a reputation outside of that, even by the locals that went there, I went there many times and it was fun because I knew most people there, but it was undoubtedly a shithole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here