Peacehaven & Newhaven here are the plans for all the new homes

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yes it was,although it's not that clear in the photo

there used to be quite a wide path where you could cut across the union from the A259 coming out at Northdown Road,it's still visable but looks overgrown

I have a vague memory of the sand pit. I seem to remember it was steep, or cliff-like, if this makes sense.

I sometimes walked from the valley up the path from the A259 to the union you describe on my way to Tideway.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I have a vague memory of the sand pit. I seem to remember it was steep, or cliff-like, if this makes sense.

I sometimes walked from the valley up the path from the A259 to the union you describe on my way to Tideway.

that's it,it was quite steep when your young anyway

I lived in Northdown Road,then my old man thought it was a good idea to move to the valley and did the same walk as you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
that's it,it was quite steep when your young anyway

I lived in Northdown Road,then my old man thought it was a good idea to move to the valley and did the same walk as you

Ha. I lived in Northdown Road for a bit as well. I've just PMed you.

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
Be a shame if this happens at the Union played there sledged there,skived off school there my kids also use it *
Hopefully someone will come up with a Village Green thing like they have with the West Beach

*Not to skive though:)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some on here seem to think house prices in Newhaven are the same as in Brighton. You can still get a three-bedder for £170k, ridiculous as it is.

It's got the potential to be such a great town but it needs more shops and other services before it gets more houses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some on here seem to think house prices in Newhaven are the same as in Brighton. You can still get a three-bedder for £170k, ridiculous as it is.

It's got the potential to be such a great town but it needs more shops and other services before it gets more houses.

What are the pubs like these days? Are there any new ones?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

it was in the 70's,with all the factory workers coming into town everyday spending money

then came the ring road

and the channel tunnel

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
and as you say the tail backs at the B&Q round about, WTF is that all about, used to be a good run through a year ago:nono:
regards
DR

I work in Seaford some days, it takes about 2 minutes to drive to from Seaford to Denton roundabout, then 10 minutes + to get onto Brighton Road.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The Railway Club is popular on match days.
The Hope is my favourite pub.

The landlord of The Ark got attacked in the car park by 3 customers a few weeks back.
The Jolly Boatman could do with a good scrub, and some of the customers.

Bridge is closed, and the Harbour side ( Sheffield ) is being turned into flats.
Never been in the White Hart or Prince of Wales.
Not been in Ship for years.

I would be very surprised if a new pub opened in Newhaven.

D

Deleted member 22389

I work in Seaford some days, it takes about 2 minutes to drive to from Seaford to Denton roundabout, then 10 minutes + to get onto Brighton Road.

It took me 25 minutes the other day to get from Sainsbury's back to Peacehaven, I could have cycled it quicker. Once they add these 800 homes by the union plus the other 200 it's going to get a lot worse.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The Railway Club is popular on match days.
The Hope is my favourite pub.

The landlord of The Ark got attacked in the car park by 3 customers a few weeks back.
The Jolly Boatman could do with a good scrub, and some of the customers.

Bridge is closed, and the Harbour side ( Sheffield ) is being turned into flats.
Never been in the White Hart or Prince of Wales.
Not been in Ship for years.

I would be very surprised if a new pub opened in Newhaven.

shame to read all this,the Bridge is closed!

my old local The Crown has gone,now the Sheffield

a bit of old newhaven trivia for you,they used to have a stripper in the old Railway Tavern of a Friday afternoon

that was the old pub down at Newhaven harbour train station

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

There are still 11 if you include the ones in South Heighton. The hope and the ark are great... and yes there is a new pub, if a Brewer's Fayre counts.

Harveys is still planning to reopen the bridge but there are planning issues.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and as you say the tail backs at the B&Q round about, WTF is that all about, used to be a good run through a year ago:nono:
regards
DR

Too many pedestrian crossings. Take out half of them, & make people use the subways already in place. Count them, there's 10 of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here