Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peace Ship Attacked

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
What a nice welcome from the "peace ship".

I love pacifists and their friendly nature. Shame on the Israelies for trying to check "aid" coming into Palestine, who would never resort to hiding munitions in aid supplies. So why the need to go through procedures that everyone else does, they are pacifists after all so should have special rights.

All this video evidence is clearly biased as everyone else has said. I will believe the side I wish to believe with their hard evidence and superior moral values.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The state of israel came about by terrorism, it makes me laugh the way they go on about israel's ' right to exist ' and how they wont 'negotiate with terrorists ' , imo it has no ' right to exist ', maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and finally opens the eyes of the world as to what a bullying , vicious land grabbing bunch of terrorists the israelis really are. Anyone in any doubts about the terrorist roots of israel should look at the picture of two british soldiers abducted and summarily executed by israeli 'freedomfighters', the leader of these terrorist went on to become prime minister of israel!

Hanged_sergeants.jpg

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The palestinians don't trust the israelis for damn good reasons. All the ploughed up olive groves, all the confiscated houses, all the f***ing big walls and blockades and all the dead children are DAMN good reasons imo.

As I said before I totally support the right of israel to exist within secure borders but when your foreign policy is based almost entirely on a 3000 year old fairy tale that is taking the piss quite frankly. israel does NOT have the right to Jerusalem and does not have the right to still be in illegal occupation of land captured in 1967. They do not have the right annex palestinian land just because some f***ing yank decides they want to now be called an israeli instead of american and fancies some land that a palestinian family have been living on for centuries.

And they sure as hell do not have the right to attack ships in international waters and slaughter the people on those ships.
Believe it or not , make you 100% right.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Anyone in any doubts about the terrorist roots of israel should look at the picture of two british soldiers abducted and summarily executed by israeli 'freedomfighters', the leader of these terrorist went on to become prime minister of israel!

Hanged_sergeants.jpg

If true that paints an even darker picture for me, After thousands of British and Alied troops died for there and our freedom from oppression. I do think Israel is like marmite though there is no middle ground.

May 22, 2008
Just goes to show that Israelis are murdering bastards - combined with the MURDER of a Palestine leader really shows that they don't give a toss about life. The Israeli government are a terroist government and all deserve to die.

Here's hoping they and their supporters all die a very horrible and painful death.

Thats just so nice of you buddy !

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
f***ing hypocrites - anyone remeber the rainbow warrior, and as for Israel, well words have failed me on that particular nations behaviour for a long time now.....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
HampshireSeagull, if you expect me to justify the precise military tactics used, whether the soldiers should have landed on the top deck, whether they should have landed at the other end of the ship, I am afraid you are asking the wrong person!!

The underlying issue is that Israel did not want to engage with anybody on that ship. For people who are supposedly on a humanitarian mission to Gaza delivering aid, I don't think anyone would have expected such a reaction like that. Feel free to defend yourself, but what are you defending yourself from? The other 5 ships heeded the call and were transported to Ashdod. Israel had every right to intercept that ship if it felt its sovereignty was going t be undermined. Judging by the fact that almost 10,000 rockets have been fired into Israel over the last 8 years one can hardly blame the Israeli governemt for not allowing an organisation who has close ties with Hamas to deliver goods directly into the hands of Hamas without them being checked first.

Whether or not you agree with the intricacies of the blockade i.e. what should go in and shouldn't is another matter and I think we will both agree with more than we disagree about such an issue. But with regards to these events, the point is that Israel has a duty to protect its citizens from more rockets and terror attacks...allowing goods to go unchecked straight into the hands of Hamas is unacceptable for Israel.

Furthermore, its also important to note that the aid which was on the ship is still going to be transferred in to Gaza. Its just a shame that the organisers had a different agenda to helping the Palestinians who are in serious need of the supplies.

Some good points here but also some muddying of the water.

Did not the other five ships go quietly AFTER the first was boarded and shots were fired?

Were the goods going straight to hamas? Don't believe that that has bene happening up to now... renmemeber this is not the first of these aid lifts, just the most popularised?

Even though Israel says so isn't it the case that boarding in International Waters requires permission of neighbouring countries? Otherwise isn't doesn't it an act of piracy under International Law?

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009

Did not the other five ships go quietly AFTER the first was boarded and shots were fired?

Were the goods going straight to hamas? Don't believe that that has bene happening up to now... renmemeber this is not the first of these aid lifts, just the most popularised?

Even though Israel says so isn't it the case that boarding in International Waters requires permission of neighbouring countries? Otherwise isn't doesn't it an act of piracy under International Law?

Hey Sully,

I'm pretty sure that the other 5 went before the soldiers boarded the ship although if they didn't and you have a source, I will stand corrected.

The fact is that the goods were going straight to Hamas unchecked, as Hamas had a welcoming party awaiting them where the leader was going to greet them. What has been happening is that the goods have been going through the check points, ensuring there is nothing there which could be used to build weapons (in fact, that's not all they check/ban and that is something I find appalling...I am visiting Israel next month and am having several meetings with government officials and I can assure you I will bring this up with them) and are being received by the International Aid organisations (the UN, Red Cross etc) who then decide what to do with it.

With regards to International Law, a naval blockade is legal under international law as is the capture of vessels which are in violation or are about to violate the blockade.

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009

Also, correct me if im wrong, but the group which organised the flotilla, IHH, have been banned in Turkey?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Also, correct me if im wrong, but the group which organised the flotilla, IHH, have been banned in Turkey?

You stand corrected. You are wrong, and considering how much they have been discussed today in all the media, a really bizarre thing to say.

'The Turkish government gave no official support to the convoy, but made it clear it backed the IHH mission.
Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said he had been trying through diplomatic pressure to get the convoy through to Gaza.
Many Turks believe the IHH gets plenty of unofficial support from sympathisers within the governing party.'

Last edited:

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
You stand corrected. You are wrong, and considering how much they have been discussed today in all the media, a really bizarre thing to say.

'The Turkish government gave no official support to the convoy, but made it clear it backed the IHH mission.
Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said he had been trying through diplomatic pressure to get the convoy through to Gaza.
Many Turks believe the IHH gets plenty of unofficial support from sympathisers within the governing party.'

I have been out all day so have not had a chance to catch up with the media. I can't remember where I read that about Turkey. I stand corrected.

Nevertheless, their links to Hamas are undeniable: IHH - a Turkish humanitarian relief fund with a radical Islamic anti-Western orientation.

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
The state of israel came about by terrorism, it makes me laugh the way they go on about israel's ' right to exist ' and how they wont 'negotiate with terrorists ' , imo it has no ' right to exist ', maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and finally opens the eyes of the world as to what a bullying , vicious land grabbing bunch of terrorists the israelis really are. Anyone in any doubts about the terrorist roots of israel should look at the picture of two british soldiers abducted and summarily executed by israeli 'freedomfighters', the leader of these terrorist went on to become prime minister of israel!

Hanged_sergeants.jpg

Bushy, could you remind us what the British soldiers were doing there, and how Britain had more of a right to occupy the land than the Jews?

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
Bushy, could you remind us what the British soldiers were doing there, and how Britain had more of a right to occupy the land than the Jews?

Also, i think its important to remember that Israel is not the only country which has some aspects of its history to be ashamed of. Britain has much to be ashamed of in its history- from The slave trade, to the bombing of dresden and more recently to allegations of torture by british forces..

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
Also, i think its important to remember that Israel is not the only country which has some aspects of its history to be ashamed of. Britain has much to be ashamed of in its history- from The slave trade, to the bombing of dresden and more recently to allegations of torture by british forces..

And don't forget the invention of concentration camps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here