Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peace Ship Attacked

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
Your use of the word 'they' is slightly confusing.

'misery THEY have wrought on the Palestinians'- You are clearly referring to Jewish people. I am Jewish. I have no say in the government of Israel. Indeed, there are many policies I disagree with (read my earlier posts). Your use of the word 'they' implies that it is the 'jews' that are treating the Palestinians in a bad way and to place Jews as a people in the same bracket is anti-semitic when there are Jews such as myself who do not blindly follow the Israeli government and who disagree with the Israeli government at times. Applying this rationale, therefore, would be like saying 'all Muslims are terrorists' which is a racist/Islamophobic statement to make.

If you wish to avoid confusing anti-zionism with anti-semitism, I strongly suggest you pick your words more wisely in future.

Sorry but the word they refers to the people doing the things i described.
Thats why i said they and not you, if that doesn't include you, then you are not one of them as i am clearly talking about them and not you.

Clear now?

Alfred the greatx

Jun 15, 2008
He knew his grandmother was Jewish because she used to abide by some of the traditions according to his mother, however, his grandmother died before his mother could truly question her Jewish roots as she was very young at the time and I guess she never really thought about it and always assumed both parents must be Jewish.

What you are saying is that it is impossible for someone to be both Jewish and English? I was born in England as were my grandparents and Great Grandparents. I am Jewish. I currently live with non-Jewish flatmates. They are my best friends, yet at the same time I am involved with the Jewish Society. I do not keep many of the rules, yet I still consider myself to be an English Jew. Where is the issue?

I have no issue with brits or anyone else being whatever they want?
You said -

(my flatmate found out he was Jewish because he did not know that it ran through the mother's bloodline)

You are the one suggesting that being Jewish is racial not just religious or why do you use the term bloodline.
The Jewish faith can be inherited as most people follow the religion of their parents, but thats not what you were refering to. If it is only a religion as steve Foster claims, you can't find out you are Jewish, it would have been your religion either from birth or from when you chose it. And blood would have nothing to do with it.

That was the point i was rather clumsily trying to make.

And, just as an aside, I have nothing against Jews and I welcome the business know how of many that have risen to high places in this country, we would be the worse without them.

My vitriol is reserved entirely for the appauling way some of the Israelies Jews treat the people whos land they have stolen and i cant understand why they, of all people, would consider what they are doing as acceptable.

Alfred the greatx

Jun 15, 2008
Where did i make that quote which you quoted from me?

You still have not addressed my earlier posts. How can you say that it is the Jews that are behind what Israel does when there are as many Jews who live outside of Israel than inside all with their own opinions?

Your ignorance is appalling.

Greeno, I didnt make it up, honest. If you did not post it then i appologise for my reply but it's got your name on it?

There is a post on this thread that I have never seen before but it has my name on it so ....who knows?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I have jewish bloodline... Im protestant.
Madonna didnt have Jewish bloodline, she is jewish..
Sammy Davis Jnr, Jewish.

Its a faith. Not a bloodline. To claim its a bloodline (race) because of some ancestors is ridiculous. If that was the case, im Jewish/Protestant/Catholic.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Spot on daveinprogaue. The fact that someone, somewhere in the dim and distant past decided that 'jewishness' was passed down the maternal line kind of makes the point. Someone decided it was the maternal line - could just have easily decided it was the paternal line. If someone determines the faith of someone by making an arbitrary decision about who passes it on, and who doesn't, then it's pretty clear that it's not a racial issue.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
People who claim that crap just want the opportunity to point and scream 'ANTI SEMETIC'.

The issues that trouble most are not anti semetic, but anti State of Israel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here