Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC too far, the world is mad! Transgender Children?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have read the thread properly. And despite your attempts to backpedal, I find your first two posts very illuminating. I'm a great fan of your hole-digging proficiency.
You clearly have not.
No back peddling chap, I stand by all I have said on here, including the part I told you to shhh.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's being incredibly flippant to label something like this as (that odious) PC gone mad.

Fancy telling someone, even a child, that they don't know their own mind.

They are causing no harm. Is it madness? Fill them with drugs.

Or, perhaps these children are more capable of thoughts and feelings than the detractors.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If I had a 5 year old lad that said he wanted to be a girl he'd get told to stop being so bloody stupid.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's being incredibly flippant to label something like this as (that odious) PC gone mad.

Fancy telling someone, even a child, that they don't know their own mind.

They are causing no harm. Is it madness? Fill them with drugs.

Or, perhaps these children are more capable of thoughts and feelings than the detractors.

Telling a child they don't know their own mind is parr for the course. If we let children act on what they think they want they wouldn't last past 2 years old. Absolute madness.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Telling a child they don't know their own mind is parr for the course. If we let children act on what they think they want they wouldn't last past 2 years old. Absolute madness.
I'm not suggesting that for everyone and every single thing, but for major issues like this.

I'm very much, be what you want to be.

If you want to be an astronaut - go for it.
If you want to be a girl - go for it.

We're not here to dictate what we should be or not be.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not suggesting that for everyone and every single thing, but for major issues like this.

I'm very much, be what you want to be.

If you want to be an astronaut - go for it.
If you want to be a girl - go for it.

We're not here to dictate what we should be or not be.

That's EXACTLY what the parent of an infant is there to do.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I disagree. You're there to make sure they are safe, looked after, make moral decisions and be happy, ad infinitum.

You're not there to dictate how one feels.

I'm certainly there to make sure at the age of 6 any son I have doesn't decide to become a girl. My nephew wanted to be a Rhinosoraus when he was 3.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
It's not a rise in incidence though is it, it's a rise in a) awareness and b) people becoming comfortable enough to discuss it in public; much like homosexuality.

Could easily be down to something such as an additive put in baby milk or baby food, eg cattle are fed lots of hormones to make them productive. What if additives are causing genetic mutation, for example? Would be interesting to see whether it is only happening in certain countries.

Another theory that it may be down to chemicals from plastics http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...derbending-chemicals-affect-reproduction.aspx, presumably from the mother's diet

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm certainly there to make sure at the age of 6 any son I have doesn't decide to become a girl. My nephew wanted to be a Rhinosoraus when he was 3.
I guess it depends on what age you deem to be able to make sense of your feelings.

A good friend of mine hit the papers as his father was the first GP to have a sex change.

There is that argument that you're not criminally responsible until you are an adult, so why should your gender feelings be taken in to account before then.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How will you do that?

image.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I guess it depends on what age you deem to be able to make sense of your feelings.

A good friend of mine hit the papers as his father was the first GP to have a sex change.

There is that argument that you're not criminally responsible until you are an adult, so why should your gender feelings be taken in to account before then.

They can feel whatever they want. They can do something about it when they're old enough to make a sensible decision. A 6 year old boy deciding he should have been born a girl? Heavens to ****ing Betsy. What a load of utter bollocks.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They can feel whatever they want. They can do something about it when they're old enough to make a sensible decision. A 6 year old boy deciding he should have been born a girl? Heavens to ****ing Betsy. What a load of utter bollocks.
Let him work that out for himself? I'm sure these cases are incredibly rare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here