Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC too far, the world is mad! Transgender Children?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is no "wrong body", only a wrong mind. A rise if 400% in six years cannot possibly be caused by an evolutionary change.
:facepalm: No one is suggesting that more people are born in the wrong body now, it's that more people / families are either believing / willing to accept they / their children are in the wrong body.

I have neither read the link nor seen the Louis Theroux show. I did, however, read the below article a few weeks back:

https://medium.com/synapse/a-letter-to-my-son-jacob-on-his-5th-birthday-96690945af1f
Jesus, that's a teary one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gender and sexuality are completely different things!

are they really? i mean in the context here of being non-conforming to norms. how much of youth is relevant to gender, that isnt a social convention? so how does the child know they are confused and living with the incorrect gender until they are at an age where gender and sexuality starts to mean something? unless there is significant hormonal imbalances or divergences from the gender norm, which leads us to conclusions that there is differences between men and women. seems to me the transgender issue in children is potentially very deep view into broader understanding of us and the difference between male and females.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I have neither read the link nor seen the Louis Theroux show. I did, however, read the below article a few weeks back:

https://medium.com/synapse/a-letter-to-my-son-jacob-on-his-5th-birthday-96690945af1f

As such, I do believe that very young kids can and do know that something 'is not right' and I applaud those who try and make things better for them.

I encourage anyone to read the article in that link above to try and understand.

so there was a good reason to open a wellquickwoody 'PC gone mad' thread. Thanks for that.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I also think it is extremely hard for straight, white, cis, males (which I assume makes up the majority of this forum) to really empathise with the issues at play here. It's not our fault, it's just that we will never fully understand how it feels to grow up trans or black or gay. Perhaps if we did, we might see things differently.

That's an education thing to me. I'm a straight, white, CIS male and I'll admit to being very close minded in my youth. When I hit my twenties I met people of all persuasions and identities and through engaging with them and learning about their struggles, and victories, I feel quite comfortable emphasising and fighting their fight.

But yeah I do agree with your point. I'd wager most people aren't exposed to any of these people or issues outside of whatever papers they read.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gender and sexuality are completely different things!
are they really? i mean in the context here of being non-conforming to norms. how much of youth is relevant to gender, that isnt a social convention? so how does the child know they are confused and living with the incorrect gender until they are at an age where gender and sexuality starts to mean something?
Children make their own decisions about whether they play with other boys or girls etc. No doubt the movies and other things they watch influences what they think is normal, but they still make individual choices that are different to those that other children, who have had similar social upbringing, make. And children are very aware of the differences between boys and girls, we're naturally wired to know the difference. And that's all long before we have any concept of sexuality.

Have you read the link Bozza posted?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The process of gender change is not one that involves a simple process of interview and procedure.

It can take years from start to finish.

I know one person who has been through it, and also a dear friend, who confided in me three years ago about his/her intentions, has just began the process.

The fact is, for me, that some people are simply born the wrong gender. I'm guessing that with children, the process and diagnosis would probably be easier given that there would be less time for environmental circumstances to set in. I'm no expert.

All I know is that a friend who I have known for 27 years will no longer be a male in two years time. My discomfort is not born in bigotry but a need to adjust my relationship with them from the point of my previous conceptions of their whole person.

It came as a shock. For a while I was selfishly resentful. But I rationalised it, accepted it, then offered my full love and support.

Others are simply asked not to sit in neanderthal judgement.

Better they can be helped from a young age than go through the already troublesome teenage years trapped in the wrong body.

The suicide rate for trans teens is a national scandal. Not helping these kids could mean a death sentence for some of them

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of my stepfather's nephews became his niece. The boy had a penchant for wearing girls clothes right from primary school age, I believe 'he' was recognised as a 'she' whilst still at school and had the full op on turning 18.

In some ways it is easier for everybody when it happens this way. I have a husband and wife client couple and their son became their daughter well into adulthood. They found it very difficult to accept and I can see why - all those childhood memories were, in their eyes, tainted.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Okay, I'll admit my ignorance by asking what "cis" is? Having Googled, I get the general idea, but it's not a term I've heard before. Is it an abbreviation, or an acronym?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yeah! How dare they bring a child affected by gender dysphoria into the world. And while we're about it, how about pillorying parents of homosexual children.

Sshh. Read the thread properly. And stop boring us.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know a chap who became a lady. For someone who just wanted to be accepted and keep it low key she didn't half bang on about it. I knew her as a him for years and she still got the hump everytime I accidently said "mate". To be honest she acted like a bit of a ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here