Paulo Serolini

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I'm not saying he isn't good or anything, i would just rather a player who we actually know a little something about and someone we know is capable. He COULD be amazing but it's a risk.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Like Calderon? Yeah - player you have never heard of are all shit.

Calderon turned out to be a great signing yeah. But at that point we had two right backs anyway and now Calderon is the better RB. Doesn't mean it'll happen with this player.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not saying he isn't good or anything, i would just rather a player who we actually know a little something about and someone we know is capable. He COULD be amazing but it's a risk.

I think I'd prefer somebody Gus or his staff know a little something about.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
.... he was training with no chip on the Brighton English Third Division..

Does that mean he's not allowed chips while training -does that extend to all versions of fried potatoes.

Or does it mean that he's allowed to kick the ball on the ground and will be fined if it goes up in the air?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

With all due respect. Are you saying Gus is going to sign someone without knowing anything about him?

I'm sure Gus knows enough about him, and this is all that matters.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
He's injury prone and shit. He probably wouldn't clap the fans and hit balls at Gully's Girls during their dance routine. I want him out the club now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why are people STILL talking like this is THE striker?

It's quite obvious whoever THE striker is, they have not been at the club on trial already. Move on.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
With all due respect. Are you saying Gus is going to sign someone without knowing anything about him?

I'm sure Gus knows enough about him, and this is all that matters.

Yeah i suppose, but it doesn't always do our team any good when we sign players who don't know much English. Anyway we don't even know if this is true because it's the same person who said Oli Johnson would be signing.

Christ, at the risk of sounding like a parrot, He would a development player to be honest NOT the MAIN signing for a striker Gus is looking to buy, LIKE EGDESTEIN.......oh god. Why is he a risk? any player is a risk to a degree. He would probably at best cost a nominal fee and small wage percentage. We could buy Kandol and then he could break his leg, just like a £1 million pound striker.,oh and now you know he cannot speak english well, amazing

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Yeah i suppose, but it doesn't always do our team any good when we sign players who don't know much English. Anyway we don't even know if this is true because it's the same person who said Oli Johnson would be signing.

toot toot!

All aboard the Gus Bus! :mexican:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell

Still could be for all we know.....

Occasionally I get to hear of a few names who are down for talks, trials etc. I have no inside track, just contacts who know who's been around the club.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
This is brilliant news. A Uruguayan striker on trial!!!! He is obviously not THE striker everyone is banging on about, but again, more competition is brilliant...and he is from Uruguay!!!! Get in if we sign him. Can't wait to see him play. If we don't sign him, oh well, because we'll have THE striker :D

No i don't know that. Arismendi was a let down, mainly because of his poor understanding of English and communication with the other players

Well, then that is rubbish too, because he has been playing a blinder at Barnsley, explain that one. and you STILL have not answered my fist point conveniently, why do you jump the gun and then comment with zero logic

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
As long as this isn't the striker we've been going on about then it's fine because it means more competition but we still need a striker who we know will do well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here